Oct 07 2013
By: bob-maul PlayStation MVP 14156 posts

Your College?

[ Edited ]
37 replies 148 views Edited Oct 7, 2013

Hello forum-goers,

I am here to ask a simple question: What college do you hope to attend in the future? If you are in college now, what college is it? And, for those older than that, what college did you go to? And for those who do not/did not want to go to college, what is/was your alternative?

I was just accepted to a number of colleges, but one stood out since it offered me a pretty great scholarship. 

Montana State University in Bozeman. It is a little over 100 miles from Yellowstone. It snows! And the school is pretty solid, too. Oh, did I mention I get to go there cheaply? That was the best part.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 1 of 38 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4934 posts

Re: Your College?

Oct 7, 2013
UGA or Georgia Southern are my main two colleges that I'm looking at.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 2 of 38 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 7, 2013
Make sure scholarship is there. After you get out of college, you will have one big debt! No job!

Student loans are crazy and people can't get out from under.

Message 3 of 38 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14156 posts

Oct 7, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Make sure scholarship is there. After you get out of college, you will have one big debt! No job!

Student loans are crazy and people can't get out from under.

I have the acceptance for the scholarship ready to turn in. It has been assured to me as long as I get above a 3.0 for the 4 years. 

And student loans after the scholarship are going to be minimal. Maybe $20,000 at most.

Message 4 of 38 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2021 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

Over here, college is different. I go to Weston College. It's seen as one of the top colleges in England. My first year went well, where I did an IT Level 2 course. This year however isn't as good. I'm stuck on some Aspirations course than I'm thinking of dropping in favour of finding employment.

Message 5 of 38 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4934 posts

Oct 7, 2013
In Georgia we get Hope Scholarship if we have a 3.0 or above. So I have that on lockdown.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 6 of 38 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14156 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

Over here, college is different. I go to Weston College. It's seen as one of the top colleges in England. My first year went well, where I did an IT Level 2 course. This year however isn't as good. I'm stuck on some Aspirations course than I'm thinking of dropping in favour of finding employment.

I know Europe is very different in how it does university. Oftentimes, people are raised to go into certain fields by the government as they go through primary schooling. You are good at math? You like English? Have fun with math as the school moves you into all these math courses. I know countries like France have the bac test which is much harder than any exit exam in America (you have to be blind, stupid, and missing a few chromosomes to fail California's high school exit exam).

I believe that is one reason so many people come to our colleges from abroad. It offers more choice (albeit at a much higher cost than in Europe since European nations tend to subsidize college tuition). No worries, our colleges love getting foreigners since they pay twice as much! 

Message 7 of 38 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 7, 2013
3.0 GPA hard to maintain. People these days are too distracted by social media, etc. No more forums for you.

Start crackin
Message 8 of 38 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17808 posts

Oct 7, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
3.0 GPA hard to maintain. People these days are too distracted by social media, etc. No more forums for you.

Start crackin

pretty sure they've been on  'em this long... they can keep doing it.

Message 9 of 38 (102 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14156 posts

Oct 7, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

Start crackin

I am an academic person. My overall GPA currently is a 4.5. 

Now, I know college is another level, but it is fewer courses and, again, I am an academic person who likes learning. 

And parties are not my thing. And social media is not a distraction really.

Message 10 of 38 (96 Views)
0 Likes