734 posts

Re: You aren't old enough until you're 25

Dec 5, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Corruptedechoes wrote:

Recent research has shown that the human brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25.  The last part of the brain to fully develop is the frontal cortex area, i.e. judgement, decision making, and impulse control.

http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2005/september2005/docs/01features_02.htm
(Or google: brain development 25 years)

Given this, why is it that a person under 25 can get a death sentence?  And how can the age of consent be set as low as 16 in some states?  The only ones who have caught on to this seem to be the car rental companies.

Not to mention: should a person under 25 be allowed in the military, or allowed to vote?

Because people under the age of 25 can commit murder.

Because nobody's ever been harmed from having safe and responsible consentual sex.

People are harmed by safe and responsible sex all the time. STDs are hidden monsters and "protection" only stops a few of them and is not even that effective for the ones it can help keep from spreading. 

this is true. Herpes  and warts are spread by any skin contact that's probably why they are so common

Exactly. And condoms break. And poor women are in even more trouble because a lot of them are not even visible until and if symptoms kick in. Then the poor guy she is with ends up with what she has. 

Get the women on some contraption or BC. Me and my EX had fun times with the contratption if you know what i mean Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 18 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Get the women on some contraption or BC. Me and my EX had fun times with the contratption if you know what i mean Smiley Wink

colbert wt.gif

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 12 of 18 (131 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Dec 5, 2013

xOm3ga_WeAPonx wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Corruptedechoes wrote:

Recent research has shown that the human brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25.  The last part of the brain to fully develop is the frontal cortex area, i.e. judgement, decision making, and impulse control.

http://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2005/september2005/docs/01features_02.htm
(Or google: brain development 25 years)

Given this, why is it that a person under 25 can get a death sentence?  And how can the age of consent be set as low as 16 in some states?  The only ones who have caught on to this seem to be the car rental companies.

Not to mention: should a person under 25 be allowed in the military, or allowed to vote?

Because people under the age of 25 can commit murder.

Because nobody's ever been harmed from having safe and responsible consentual sex.

People are harmed by safe and responsible sex all the time. STDs are hidden monsters and "protection" only stops a few of them and is not even that effective for the ones it can help keep from spreading. 

this is true. Herpes  and warts are spread by any skin contact that's probably why they are so common

Exactly. And condoms break. And poor women are in even more trouble because a lot of them are not even visible until and if symptoms kick in. Then the poor guy she is with ends up with what she has. 

I am confused here. Are you talking about contraception? If so, I already made that clear. Most STDs are not transferred through bodily fluids. Even then, contraception fails. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 13 of 18 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
734 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

colbert wt.gif

That was my face when she was teasing me. Welp im done witth this convoy. I dont need a ban 

Message 14 of 18 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 5, 2013
Wow that explains it because something i act like a 13 yr old and want to party like its 1999 and tear up sh#t !!!
Message 15 of 18 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Dec 5, 2013
well I'm 25 and I was hoping to get smarter. Guess this is the end of the line.
Message 16 of 18 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Dec 5, 2013
It don't matter on that. I am pro death penalty. Yes, sometimes people make stupid decisions, but if you randomly decide to, out of the blue, murder someone, you deserve to die.

Message 17 of 18 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3694 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Just because some research says your brain isn't fully developed until age 25 doesn't give you free reign to unleash hell on others.  By that thinking, you shouldn't do the following until age 25:

Discipline children...you or them since if you are under 25 you can't do either one!

Consume alcohol

Have sex

Have children

Drive

Purchase a home

Purchase alcohol

Purchase tobacco

Run for public office

Travel

Regardless of what any research says, people should be held accountable for their actions!

Message 18 of 18 (83 Views)
0 Likes