Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: YAY! My neighborhood is getting Verizon FiOS!

Mar 28, 2007

FlyersPh9 wrote:
My neighborhood just got a bunch of warnings saying that they are going to be digging up everyones front yards to put in FiOS wires! If you don't know, FiOS is supplied by Verizon and is supposed to be faster than Comcast High Speed internet (cable) but cheaper!
Now we just have to wait on the construction workers to install them! Awesome...who here has FiOS? Give me your opinions!

I read an article that it slows down after a while or something like that. It uses something in the air or something and after they get used for a while they get messed up or slower or something, cant remember.
HEY GUEESSS WHAT!! THIS POST MEANS NOTINHGGGG ISNT THAT JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!

+0 ftw!
Message 11 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4572 posts

Mar 28, 2007

Antman1016 wrote:

FlyersPh9 wrote:
My neighborhood just got a bunch of warnings saying that they are going to be digging up everyones front yards to put in FiOS wires! If you don't know, FiOS is supplied by Verizon and is supposed to be faster than Comcast High Speed internet (cable) but cheaper!
Now we just have to wait on the construction workers to install them! Awesome...who here has FiOS? Give me your opinions!

I read an article that it slows down after a while or something like that. It uses something in the air or something and after they get used for a while they get messed up or slower or something, cant remember.

umm no, fiber optics operates off of light waves transmitted through the fiber optic lines. It can travel great lengths and is virtually free from crosstalk and attenuation. Fiber optic lines are also put into the ground so im not sure where the air thing came from.

To the original poster, where do you live?
Greatest NBA Players ever

1) MJ
2) Shaq
3) Lebron

Wrong PSN ID, my main one is BLB552000
Message 12 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Mar 28, 2007

blb552000 wrote:

Antman1016 wrote:

FlyersPh9 wrote:

umm no, fiber optics operates off of light waves transmitted through the fiber optic lines. It can travel great lengths and is virtually free from crosstalk and attenuation. Fiber optic lines are also put into the ground so im not sure where the air thing came from.

Yeah, light waves, sorry couldnt remember I knew it was something like that. But I read an article it slows down after a while.  Im gonna look for it.
HEY GUEESSS WHAT!! THIS POST MEANS NOTINHGGGG ISNT THAT JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!

+0 ftw!
Message 13 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1236 posts

Mar 28, 2007
cool
"Live life like every day was your last"
"What are you waiting for? Christmas?"
""Huh? Must be American Made." The big 1000 March 13, 2008 3:00pm
Message 14 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
32681 posts

Mar 28, 2007
FiOS is pretty great.  I don't recall it ever slowing or even going down.

Message 15 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6242 posts

Mar 28, 2007
NOW I WANT IT

video_game_master wrote:
Well at my work we have fiber optics and dang!! Fast as heck such a jump from my home dsl!

Message 16 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4900 posts

Mar 28, 2007

blb552000 wrote:

What reason? I don't feel safe saying where I live on here!
But for the people who have FiOS TV...can you get HD channels? My family watches sport programs and 24 in HD all the time and we would NEVER go back to regular TV.
Message 17 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4572 posts

Mar 28, 2007

FlyersPh9 wrote:

blb552000 wrote:

But for the people who have FiOS TV...can you get HD channels? My family watches sport programs and 24 in HD all the time and we would NEVER go back to regular TV.

I just wanted to see what region your in and if you live in a major metropolitan area, or a mid sized city so i can start to guess when FIOS will be available in my area.

I live in Lancater California an hour north of L.A
Greatest NBA Players ever

1) MJ
2) Shaq
3) Lebron

Wrong PSN ID, my main one is BLB552000
Message 18 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1874 posts

Mar 28, 2007

blb552000 wrote:

FlyersPh9 wrote:

blb552000 wrote:

I just wanted to see what region your in and if you live in a major metropolitan area, or a mid sized city so i can start to guess when FIOS will be available in my area.

I live in Lancater California an hour north of L.A

If you dont have access now, you will probably get it soon. California is one of the focus points for FIOS right now.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job".
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Message 19 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Mar 28, 2007
I can get it but it's too expensive for me right now so I'm going to wait for the price to drop about $5-10

think different
Message 20 of 22 (1 View)
0 Likes