Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 28 2007
By: FlyersPh9 Fender Bender 4900 posts

YAY! My neighborhood is getting Verizon FiOS!

21 replies 4 views Edited Mar 28, 2007
My neighborhood just got a bunch of warnings saying that they are going to be digging up everyones front yards to put in FiOS wires! If you don't know, FiOS is supplied by Verizon and is supposed to be faster than Comcast High Speed internet (cable) but cheaper!
Now we just have to wait on the construction workers to install them! Awesome...who here has FiOS? Give me your opinions!
Message 1 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3292 posts

Re: YAY! My neighborhood is getting Verizon FiOS!

Mar 28, 2007
Fiber Optics kick @$$!!!!
Message 2 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4900 posts

Mar 28, 2007
Good, do you have it? What is your opinions on it? I kinda want to know how much of a speed increase and how much of a price decrease is expected. Also, if a lot of people use FiOS in my neighborhood, will the speed decrease due to the amount of FiOS users?
Message 3 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Mar 28, 2007
Why are you so happey that your neighbor is getting it?  Are you planning on stealing it or something.  Maybe setting up a cantenna?
Message 4 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3292 posts

Mar 28, 2007
Well at my work we have fiber optics and dang!! Fast as heck such a jump from my home dsl!
Message 5 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4900 posts

Mar 28, 2007

BakedPigeon wrote:
Why are you so happey that your neighbor is getting it?  Are you planning on stealing it or something.  Maybe setting up a cantenna?

No, my neighborhood is getting it! Which means we will most likely get it as well as some of my neighbors.
Message 6 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Mar 28, 2007

FlyersPh9 wrote:

BakedPigeon wrote:

No, my neighborhood is getting it! Which means we will most likely get it as well as some of my neighbors.

Sorry I just woke up and am spaced out, i need to learn to read lol
Message 7 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4900 posts

Mar 28, 2007

BakedPigeon wrote:

FlyersPh9 wrote:

BakedPigeon wrote:

Sorry I just woke up and am spaced out, i need to learn to read lol

No problem!

I just checked on Verizon's FiOS page and it says they offer TV as well. We have Comcast HD TV currently and there is NO WAY we are going to switch unless FiOS offers HD as well. Does anyone know for sure? Can we have Verizon FiOS Internet but still have Comcast HDTV is FiOS does not offer HD channels?
Message 8 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1874 posts

Mar 28, 2007

FlyersPh9 wrote:
My neighborhood just got a bunch of warnings saying that they are going to be digging up everyones front yards to put in FiOS wires! If you don't know, FiOS is supplied by Verizon and is supposed to be faster than Comcast High Speed internet (cable) but cheaper!
Now we just have to wait on the construction workers to install them! Awesome...who here has FiOS? Give me your opinions!

Jerk!  I actually work for Verizon on the FTTP/FIOS project. YET I CANT GET FIOS!!!!

What city/state do you live in? Maybe Im the one telling them where to put everthing.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job".
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Message 9 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3865 posts

Mar 28, 2007
  I have their tv, internet an phone. Its ausome you get tons of channels, i get 20mbs down an 5mbs up, and unlimited calling for less then crappy time warner cable. Ive had it from last november.
PC>Every Console
Message 10 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes