Fender Bender
4493 posts

Re: Xbox live should be free

Jan 20, 2007
well if Sony online service has nothing to offer, of course its going to be free
Message 41 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Jan 20, 2007

PS2master4444 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

dabears1020 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Because every other online game is free. PC games (Besides MMORPGS) are free. PS3 online is free. Wii online is free. People will say the 360 has a better layout, but that doesn't really matter. All I wanna do is actually play the games with other people, and I can do that for free on my PS3. It's nice.

Does the PS3:
  • Have a universal friends list?
  • Have the ability to text and chat outside of games?
  • Have the ability to read messages during a game?
  • Come with a mic so everyone can talk?
  • Have a completely unified online?
No. Even if you paid a dollar for each of the above, that's more than what live costs a month. Is it nice? Sure, I guess if you really don't wanna spend that much. But it's nothing like Live at all

None of that stuff really bothers me.

Well it does bother me and the majority of people.

I guess I've just gotten used to Sony.

Sony gets their money elsewhere, doesn't it cost $700+ dollars to unlock everything on Gran Turismo HD?  And Im sure that won't be the only game that you have to pay to unlock things.

I don't plan on getting GTHD. GT doesn't interest me. Besides, it's up to the developer, not Sony, if downloadable content costs money.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 42 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Big Bubba wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Because every other online game is free. PC games (Besides MMORPGS) are free. PS3 online is free. Wii online is free. People will say the 360 has a better layout, but that doesn't really matter. All I wanna do is actually play the games with other people, and I can do that for free on my PS3. It's nice.

Does the PS3:
  • Have a universal friends list? Yes No it doesn't. Resistance uses it's own list
  • Have the ability to text and chat outside of games? Yes Last I checked, it was only in game
  • Have the ability to read messages during a game? Yes Have to go to the XMB to do this
  • Come with a mic so everyone can talk? You can use a PS2 mic if you want.Bolded for emphasis
  • Have a completely unified online? Going to be soon We live in the present, not the future
No. Even if you paid a dollar for each of the above, that's more than what live costs a month. Is it nice? Sure, I guess if you really don't wanna spend that much. But it's nothing like Live at all

Message 43 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Jan 20, 2007
From what I have heard, it's worth the price to get the srvice they provide vs. the others' free service.

Message 44 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

dabears1020 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:

Sony gets their money elsewhere, doesn't it cost $700+ dollars to unlock everything on Gran Turismo HD?  And Im sure that won't be the only game that you have to pay to unlock things.

Message Edited by PS2master4444 on 01-19-2007 11:15 PM
Message 45 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

PS2master4444 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

dabears1020 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:

I don't plan on getting GTHD. GT doesn't interest me. Besides, it's up to the developer, not Sony, if downloadable content costs money.

That also goes for maps, guns, extras, etc., they are included in the XBL fee.  Gears maps were free, COD 3 map was free, etc..

I don't really want to start an argument with you, Xoolio, because you're one of the members I respect and have always liked.  So if I offend you in any way I didn't really mean to.

Message 46 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2273 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:
Who agrees?
Last time I checked online play was free almost everywhere.
Wii = Free
PS3 = Free
Xbox 360 = NOT FREE?!

The only games people should have to pay for are MMORPGS because of the massiveness of it. Do you think Sony and Nintendo will make Microsoft get the message and maybe not charge for Live when they make the next Box?

you are right it should be free
socom ftb name: dagluginata
socom
ftb clan :ghostbusterss
CURRENT FW 3.01
BECAUSE OF HACKERS SONY WON'T TAKE TIME TO RELEASE FIRMWARE UPDATES RESULTING IN FIRMWARE GLITCHES
STOP HACKING SO SONY WILL TAKE TIME IN THERE UPDATES SO THERE WONT BE GLITCHES
--COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO YOUR SIG IF YOU AGREE--
Message 47 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3398 posts

Jan 20, 2007
it be nice if it was. i getting 360 soon
----------------------------------
The King of Fists!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 48 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 20, 2007
Yes, PS3 Free FTW!!!
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 49 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4843 posts

Jan 20, 2007

canadaeh wrote:
exactly why i dont own an xbox.

���Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.��� ~ James Dean
Message 50 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes