Re: Xbox live should be free

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:
$50 for 13 months of gaming. Less than $4 a month for the most complete, unrivaled, unified online gaming out there. Your call

that's a tough call, but it still isn't worth it. It should be free.

Why should it be free? Are the songs on Itunes free? Don't you have to pay for satellite radio as opposed to regular radio? Isn't that worth it?

It's $4 a month. I could see if it was like $10, but for $4 you really can't complain. You could go free, but looks whta that gives us: games that use different buddy lists, un-unified online or clunky number systems

Microsoft has enough success dude. Their system is ensured... if they made Live free they could really dominate.

For all they give you, it's definetly worth the price. They could dominate, but so could Sony if they lowered the PS3 price. Looks like it isn't going to happen, though

I know none of it's going to happen. But the 360 basically sells itself with a big "Halo 3" poster. Free online would be like the icing on the cake.

Why would you expect the online to be free?
Message 31 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Jan 20, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:
$50 for 13 months of gaming. Less than $4 a month for the most complete, unrivaled, unified online gaming out there. Your call

Why should it be free? Are the songs on Itunes free? Don't you have to pay for satellite radio as opposed to regular radio? Isn't that worth it?

It's $4 a month. I could see if it was like $10, but for $4 you really can't complain. You could go free, but looks whta that gives us: games that use different buddy lists, un-unified online or clunky number systems

Microsoft has enough success dude. Their system is ensured... if they made Live free they could really dominate.

For all they give you, it's definetly worth the price. They could dominate, but so could Sony if they lowered the PS3 price. Looks like it isn't going to happen, though

I know none of it's going to happen. But the 360 basically sells itself with a big "Halo 3" poster. Free online would be like the icing on the cake.

Why would you expect the online to be free?

Because every other online game is free. PC games (Besides MMORPGS) are free. PS3 online is free. Wii online is free. People will say the 360 has a better layout, but that doesn't really matter. All I wanna do is actually play the games with other people, and I can do that for free on my PS3. It's nice.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 32 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

Because every other online game is free. PC games (Besides MMORPGS) are free. PS3 online is free. Wii online is free. People will say the 360 has a better layout, but that doesn't really matter. All I wanna do is actually play the games with other people, and I can do that for free on my PS3. It's nice.

Does the PS3:
  • Have a universal friends list?
  • Have the ability to text and chat outside of games?
  • Have the ability to read messages during a game?
  • Come with a mic so everyone can talk?
  • Have a completely unified online?
No. Even if you paid a dollar for each of the above, that's more than what live costs a month. Is it nice? Sure, I guess if you really don't wanna spend that much. But it's nothing like Live at all
Message 33 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Same with world of warcraft 7 million people pay monthly 15 dollars.  Only a handful complain, but they probably never played it, like me
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 34 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

THe quality of the online gaming on the 360 is better then others.
Message 35 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Jan 20, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:
No. Even if you paid a dollar for each of the above, that's more than what live costs a month. Is it nice? Sure, I guess if you really don't wanna spend that much. But it's nothing like Live at all

None of that stuff really bothers me.
Message 36 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:

Well it does bother me and the majority of people.

Message 37 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Jan 20, 2007

dabears1020 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:

Well it does bother me and the majority of people.

I guess I've just gotten used to Sony.
Message 38 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:

Tyring to set up a game with friends on any other system is nearly impossible. You either have to call them, or text them, or go on AIM... on 360, you click thier name and send a message or an invite to a chat where you just tell them. Or, make the game and just invite them. You can't do that anywhere else
Message 39 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4294 posts

Jan 20, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

Xoolio wrote:

Does the PS3:
  • Have a universal friends list? Yes
  • Have the ability to text and chat outside of games? Yes
  • Have the ability to read messages during a game? Yes
  • Come with a mic so everyone can talk? You can use a PS2 mic if you want
  • Have a completely unified online? Going to be soon

Big Bubba|| on 11/10/2005
PSN: Bubba_R
------ Sniper (3173 posts) on 05-08-2007 11:14 PM ------

1337!
Message 40 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes