Treasure Hunter
7338 posts

Re: Xbox live should be free

Jan 20, 2007

Confused_Gunman wrote:
I crunch down into a state of BF 2142, Dark Crusade, Gears of War, some DQ VII and VIII, Dead Rising, Soul Calibur III and finaly a bit of GRAW or SOCOM depending the mood I'm in during each weekend as my weekdays are totaly shot. I used to play Rainbow Six Raven Shield but gave up on that due to Vegas.

i play socom on weekdays from 7 to 12, and even longer on weekendsSmiley Very Happy I gotta stopSmiley Sad
Message 91 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Jan 20, 2007

DISbCHR1S wrote:
well if Sony online service has nothing to offer, of course its going to be free

2 months ago the PS3 launched, the xbox didnt have live and features like the PS3 is having now.
And MS has tons of experience with and outside xbox project.
Plus you cannot complain if you get it for free. Sony said they weren't into online with the PS2, but now they're making a lot of progress with the PS3. I'm not into online esp if i gotta pay for it, i think games must have solid single player.

Message Edited by Burned with desire on 01-20-2007 09:46 AM
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 92 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Jan 20, 2007
What's funny is the Dreamcast had online support almost a month or two after the ps2's launch with games like Quake and Unreal Tourny while the ps2 editions didn't have online support at all... The irony was the ps2 editions outsold the Dreamcast...  Now if only SONY had choosen to have given the ps2 online support to those titles when going up against SEGA the Xbox would have never survived past its intial two generations of software. 

Message 93 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7338 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Confused_Gunman wrote:
What's funny is the Dreamcast had online support almost a month or two after the ps2's launch with games like Quake and Unreal Tourny while the ps2 editions didn't have online support at all... The irony was the ps2 editions outsold the Dreamcast... Now if only SONY had choosen to have given the ps2 online support to those titles when going up against SEGA the Xbox would have never survived past its intial two generations of software.

Confused_Gunman wrote:
What's funny is the Dreamcast had online support almost a month or two after the ps2's launch with games like Quake and Unreal Tourny while the ps2 editions didn't have online support at all... The irony was the ps2 editions outsold the Dreamcast... Now if only SONY had choosen to have given the ps2 online support to those titles when going up against SEGA the Xbox would have never survived past its intial two generations of software.

Confused_Gunman wrote:

Yea, if Sony would work on their online service, they would sell many more ps3's
Message 94 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Jan 20, 2007
Actually, putting in bundles of classic PS2 games such as God of War, SOCOM 3, GT 4 and a random high rated RPG with the ps3 packages at no charge would turn some heads towards the ps3 and away from the rival systems...

Message 95 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7338 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Confused_Gunman wrote:
Actually, putting in bundles of classic PS2 games such as God of War, SOCOM 3, GT 4 and a random high rated RPG with the ps3 packages at no charge would turn some heads towards the ps3 and away from the rival systems...

I agree. S3, FFX, Black, God of War, and a ratchet and clank game. That would turn heads.
Message 96 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:
Who agrees?
Last time I checked online play was free almost everywhere.
Wii = Free - Absolutely horrible online service
PS3 = Free - Terrible, Terrible Service
Xbox 360 = NOT FREE?! - An Extremely Well Built Service

The only games people should have to pay for are MMORPGS because of the massiveness of it. Do you think Sony and Nintendo will make Microsoft get the message and maybe not charge for Live when they make the next Box?

Do you see the pattern there? 
Message 97 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Jan 20, 2007

BakedPigeon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:
Who agrees?

The only games people should have to pay for are MMORPGS because of the massiveness of it. Do you think Sony and Nintendo will make Microsoft get the message and maybe not charge for Live when they make the next Box?

The PS3 doesn't have terrible service. The Wii kinda does, it doesn't have too many online games right now.

But the point it, it's all about playing with other people around the world. And the PS3 and Wii have that for free. Do you see my point? The extra stuff doesn't matter.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 98 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13055 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

BakedPigeon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:
Who agrees?

The PS3 doesn't have terrible service. The Wii kinda does, it doesn't have too many online games right now.

But the point it, it's all about playing with other people around the world. And the PS3 and Wii have that for free. Do you see my point? The extra stuff doesn't matter.

I would definitely pay $50 for the PSN to be universal just like XBL. $50 a year isn't anything.........

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 99 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Jan 20, 2007

Xoolio wrote:

BakedPigeon wrote:

Xoolio wrote:
Who agrees?

There is a reason PS3 online is free...........  because there is nothing good about it. 

It cost money to build a quality service, Sony will NEVER have a good service if they plan to keep it free.....  Nothing you say will change my opinion.  I dont mind  scraping a measly 5 dollars a month to be part of the best online playing service in the world.. XBOX LIVE.
Message 100 of 342 (0 Views)
0 Likes