5 replies 106 views Edited Aug 3, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2336 posts

Re: Xbox One and PS4 the same hardware?

Aug 3, 2013
That guy is obviously just trying to stop the fanwars. Anyways, as i always say:

PS4 and X1 may seem the same, but PS4 dont require a pervert spy camera that watches you do naughty things, record all your talks and streams your everymove to the NSA.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4465 posts

Aug 3, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
That guy is obviously just trying to stop the fanwars. Anyways, as i always say:

PS4 and X1 may seem the same, but PS4 dont require a pervert spy camera that watches you do naughty things, record all your talks and streams your everymove to the NSA.

i'm gonna pre order a xbox one and kinnek and make a video of me smashing it for views LOL..   JK

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

The main difference is the way each one went about implementing RAM.

PS4:  Higher bandwidth with higher latency.

XB1:  Lower bandwidth with lower latency.

EDIT:  If this seems confusing, here's an analogy.  The PS4 is like a semi truck that travels at 55 MPH.  It can deliver eighteen tons of stuff, but takes all day to get to you.  The XB1 is like a Ferrari that goes 100+ MPH.  It gets back to you real fast, but doesn't deliver very much when it does so.

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10124 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Carmack is a joke. See Rage? Yeah...

Regardless, he was just trying to calm the war down. He wanted to ease the XBone's criticism because he felt some of it was unjustified (some of it really was, I will admit). The fact MS was trying to make it seem like power is not everything shows that they know there is a power difference. 

-All comments in the above post are the opinions of the defendant and not representative of Sony Computer Entertainment
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 11, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Carmack is a joke. See Rage? Yeah...

Regardless, he was just trying to calm the war down. He wanted to ease the XBone's criticism because he felt some of it was unjustified (some of it really was, I will admit). The fact MS was trying to make it seem like power is not everything shows that they know there is a power difference. 

Power isn't everything.  Standing between power and the programmers are the software development toolkits, known as SDKs.  The Xbox 360 arguably had a far better SDK than the PS3 did, even though the PS3 arguably had more power.  The end result was that development costs for the Xbox 360 were far lower.

Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (50 Views)
0 Likes