Wastelander
480 posts

Re: Xbox One Supports CD's, DNLA Streaming, and MP3's (sortof)....

Nov 2, 2013

Creativate wrote:

DeckardB wrote:

al2009man wrote:

I have a simple question.

Who use MP3s on they Gaming Console anyway?

Every single person I know in real life that has a home theater and a PS3. It's more than 7 people that I know personally in real life. Four of which I know have actually, sadly cancelled their pre-order directly related to this shortcoming. If you haven't figured it out yet just by the responses on this board and others on the old interwebs, it's kind of a big deal to many people.

Most people who say they cancelled their preorders don't actually or never had them in the first place...it's an empty threat usually..

In some cases, I think so. I myself am not cancelling my preorder, as I quite enjoy what Sony has done for games, but my friends use it more as a media center. They certainly are not bluffing. I imagine they will reconsider once it has the features they are looking for. In the meantime, there is no reason for them to upgrade yet.

Message 41 of 61 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Nov 2, 2013
In my opinion, who cares?

This is supposed to be a GAME CONSOLE.

Last I heard, game consoles were for playing games, no watching movies or dancing to CD music. I for one have owned a PS3 since 2008 and have never once used either of those 2 features. Many of the features on last gen (PS3,360) are useless. Why does a game console need an internet browser, CD player, DVD Player?

What household does not have other devices lying around that can play those?
Message 42 of 61 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13057 posts

Nov 2, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Great, now I can finally have a harmonious ecosystem in my home. A Windows Phone 8, a Microsoft Surface, Windows 8.1 on all my machines, and an Xbox One in my living room. It will be glorious.

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Hmhm, and how often do you use this feature, friend?

Hmmm...

Smiley Tongue

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 43 of 61 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Nov 2, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
In my opinion, who cares?

This is supposed to be a GAME CONSOLE.

Last I heard, game consoles were for playing games, no watching movies or dancing to CD music. I for one have owned a PS3 since 2008 and have never once used either of those 2 features. Many of the features on last gen (PS3,360) are useless. Why does a game console need an internet browser, CD player, DVD Player?

What household does not have other devices lying around that can play those?

Wow I could only imagine how "well" the PS4 would sell if it was only a game console and you couldn't use it for a blu ray player or use it to watch netflix. It's called evolution and progress.. like how mobile phones progressed from making only emergency calls to casual calls to being able to send text messages and now they can be used for navigation, playing music, taking pictures and videos, etc.

Sure, MS focused too much on other media and a device should concentrate more on its primary focus. However, what's wrong with features? Sony knows the complaints and MS smugly announced it supports MP3 and DNLA. Sony will fix this just as MS fixed their policies. Then again they may not.. but if they truly listened to customers, they would implement support.

Message 44 of 61 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

al2009man wrote:

I do.  I did on my original Xbox and 360, I do on my PS3, and my Vita.  I stream video and audio to my PS3 regularly.  Next question, please.

Another question: Why does people really want MP3 player support to PS4 if we could just use our Vitas/iOS/iPod as our MP3 player Smiley Tongue

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 45 of 61 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5974 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Creativate wrote:

Microsoft just confirmed that Xbox one will support Cd's, DNLA streaming, and Mp3's through some weird work around. Now before everyone start to say i'm buying an X1 now because of this remember that his is actually very good news for us Playstation fans because it likely means that Sony will be offering these things too in the near future. Having said that, feel free to voice your complaints because it'll put pressure on them to do it faster or atleast come out and say something about their plans.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/xbox-one-supports-audio-cd-playback-and-dlna-streaming

This has been sent to Shuhei Yoshida with hashtags #PS4noDLNA and #PS4MP3, for others concerned about this please send this as well to @yosp and @playstation!

Message 46 of 61 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Im sure it will come with an update. Far as PS3 lots of extra wanted feature came with the firmware updates. Its a software fi x so it be easy to do. For people who say they canceled there pre order? Why? Cause it cant play MP3s out of the box? I think that is just crazy. After going through the whol e PS3 lauch to today. I know better things will come with patience. Sony has upgrades to there firmware and ads items like  this. There is no need to cance the order when you wil get what you want. Just maybe not day one. Saying the other system is day one is cool  but now your behind a pay wall  for everything else. What is really better? No MP3 for a short time or pay twice for aps such as netflix.

Message 47 of 61 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Nov 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

al2009man wrote:

I do.  I did on my original Xbox and 360, I do on my PS3, and my Vita.  I stream video and audio to my PS3 regularly.  Next question, please.

Another question: Why does people really want MP3 player support to PS4 if we could just use our Vitas/iOS/iPod as our MP3 player Smiley Tongue

as longest its dubsteps then they should really bring MP3 support to PS4 Smiley Tongue

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 48 of 61 (71 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Thanks for the update? I think.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 49 of 61 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Nov 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

al2009man wrote:

as longest its dubsteps then they should really bring MP3 support to PS4 Smiley Tongue

As I have stated before, the big push is for customized music in-game.  Also, the ability to control the music relative to the functions on the PS4 (i.e., stopping/resuming playback after watching a video) is preferable to having to use a separate device.  Also, with DLNA, streaming movies from a computer in another room is a very nice feature to have.  It's all kinda connected to the same wish - to absorb our favorite media in whichever way we choose. 
Spoiler
...even if it is something as insidious as dubstep.  Yuck.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 50 of 61 (57 Views)
0 Likes