Wastelander
480 posts

Re: Xbox One Supports CD's, DNLA Streaming, and MP3's (sortof)....

Nov 2, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

DeckardB wrote:

Creativate wrote:

it's still good to know what the competition is doing because it'll put a fire under Sony's *** to give us the same which is exactly why I posted it.

I agree, this can only be a good thing for all Playstation gamers. One thing I've learned during my short time on these boards however, is that if you post anything that isn't Rainbows and Puppies regarding the PS4, there is a subset of users here who will ostracize you. You will be derided by many for symbolically "crashing the party" that is the PS4 release. Expect this even if your intentions are pure and constructive. Don't let it get to you.

Please note that I say a "subset of users". Possibly a majority of the folks here are pretty cool. I can't be sure as I haven't frequented these boards enough to know. I mean, we all love Playstation, right?

I recently started posting here because I wanted to discuss the lack of MP3 and DLNA support on the PS4 and the experience has been... interesting.

Because its usally followed by "Lol yall are nothing but a bunch of sony drones go drink your sony koolaid"

There is a lot of unecessary antagonism on both sides. The fact that there seems to be "sides" at all in this is quite ridiculous. There are trolls, for sure, but there are a lot of legitimately upset fans too.

Message 21 of 61 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Creativate wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

I think you are posting this in the wrong forums, this is a playstation forum not an xbox forum

it's still good to know what the competition is doing because it'll put a fire under Sony's *** to give us the same which is exactly why I posted it.

I don't want a system that plays cds, mp3s or streams video from my PC!! They better not add these features.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 22 of 61 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 2, 2013

See here's the first one right here^^^^^. This guy seems to think that because a site called CouchJockeyz says it's confirmed it's a confirmation from Sony lol.

We'll see who is the last to laugh.

By the way is MS paying you or are you insecure about your "All in None" Box?

I don't think you were ever going to get a PS4.

Every thread you create is anti Sony, Why?

If you are going to get a PS4  >I< apologize.

If you were not you and others may have given Sony even MORE to brag about.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 23 of 61 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Nov 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

I have a simple question.

Who use MP3s on they Gaming Console anyway?

I do.  I did on my original Xbox and 360, I do on my PS3, and my Vita.  I stream video and audio to my PS3 regularly.  Next question, please.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 24 of 61 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
480 posts

Nov 2, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

docshady wrote:

If I were getting the PS4, I'd be disappointed.  I use the mentioned features a lot so they are important to me.  I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch (I have a huge backlog of PS3 titles that I'm working through).  Once I'm ready for the PS4, this will likely sway my decision to go 4 or stay with the 3 (no, Xbone will never be an option for me).

Seeing as how thin gs have been going over the past year, one compay trying to up the other, sony will likely patch it in.  Bonehead move to exclude it in the first place but hopefully they correct it.

No reason to be dissapointed, Sony has music unlimited you can sign up for at a reasonable cost and listen to all the music you want.

By all means, you go for it. Enjoy your Music Unlimited service. For many, this does not cut it. For many who have TBs of music on their servers, asking users to pay for a service that rents music to you is not a viable option.

Message 25 of 61 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Nov 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

I did because it was in my living room and hooked up to my surround system. Also, I used to when I played KZ 2,3 and Dead Nation

Message 26 of 61 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Nov 2, 2013

I am not doubting a lot of people listen to music, and at least they will have an option with music unlimited.  It probably isnt ideal for most people but it is something.  At this point, unless Sony announces otherwise, that is you option, or you can use another device to listen to you music.  I am not against them adding mp3 support, I will never use it but understand others do.  For those that do i hope they allow it for you otherwise, we have discussed the other options.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 27 of 61 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
480 posts

Nov 2, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Every single person I know in real life that has a home theater and a PS3. It's more than 7 people that I know personally in real life. Four of which I know have actually, sadly cancelled their pre-order directly related to this shortcoming. If you haven't figured it out yet just by the responses on this board and others on the old interwebs, it's kind of a big deal to many people.

Message 28 of 61 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9084 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Creativate wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

I think you are posting this in the wrong forums, this is a playstation forum not an xbox forum

I agree. Keep your friends close, and keep your enemies EVEN CLOSER. Smiley Mad

vqXGZNW.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 29 of 61 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Nov 2, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

See here's the first one right here^^^^^. This guy seems to think that because a site called CouchJockeyz says it's confirmed it's a confirmation from Sony lol.

We'll see who is the last to laugh.

By the way is MS paying you or are you insecure about your "All in None" Box?

I don't think you were ever going to get a PS4.

Every thread you create is anti Sony, Why?

If you are going to get a PS4  >I< apologize.

If you were not you and others may have given Sony even MORE to brag about.

I have a PS4 preordered  as I speak (I also own, a ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, ps vita) and will be getting a Ps4 whether we get these things or not. I'm not being anti Sony at all, i'm trying to force Sony to fix these mistakes so that the PS4 is even better than it is currently. These are all features I want and use currently so i'm going to post stuff like this to get the most I can out of the PS4. For the record I think that Multiplats look and run much better on Ps4 than Xbox one, and I think that Killzone Shadow Fall is the best looking launch title on either system. So stop trying to act like i'm a MS  fanboy because I've never owned an Xbox ever and have been gaming on PS since I was a little kid (i've owned a PS since the game Street fighter:the Movie).

Message 30 of 61 (91 Views)
0 Likes