Splicer
65 posts

Re: Xbox One Supports CD's, DNLA Streaming, and MP3's (sortof)....

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

DeckardB wrote:

Creativate wrote:

it's still good to know what the competition is doing because it'll put a fire under Sony's *** to give us the same which is exactly why I posted it.

I agree, this can only be a good thing for all Playstation gamers. One thing I've learned during my short time on these boards however, is that if you post anything that isn't Rainbows and Puppies regarding the PS4, there is a subset of users here who will ostracize you. You will be derided by many for symbolically "crashing the party" that is the PS4 release. Expect this even if your intentions are pure and constructive. Don't let it get to you.

Please note that I say a "subset of users". Possibly a majority of the folks here are pretty cool. I can't be sure as I haven't frequented these boards enough to know. I mean, we all love Playstation, right?

I recently started posting here because I wanted to discuss the lack of MP3 and DLNA support on the PS4 and the experience has been... interesting.

Well hopefully by posting that it was a good thing for Sony fans in the OP it won't happen. The only problem with that is that most people aren't capable of reading the entire post (just the headlines) so i'm sure some one dumb will start accusing me of hating Sony or something stupid like that (even though I have a Ps4 preordered and no X1).

Message 11 of 61 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Nov 2, 2013

UMMMMMMMMMM.

It's already been confirmed this will be fixed with the 2nd PS4 update. In a couple of months.

Good Try Op, or is it idiot.

Remember me? Smiley Surprised

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 12 of 61 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I have an iPod
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 61 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Nov 2, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

UMMMMMMMMMM.

It's already been confirmed this will be fixed with the 2nd PS4 update. In a couple of months.

Good Try Op, or is it idiot.

Remember me? Smiley Surprised

See here's the first one right here^^^^^. This guy seems to think that because a site called CouchJockeyz says it's confirmed it's a confirmation from Sony lol.

Message 14 of 61 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Well its possible to implement them in an update, so its not out of the question. Sony only took out the mp3 support to promote Music Unlimited. As for CDs, Im not really bothered, I havent used CDs for years.

Message 15 of 61 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Nov 2, 2013

If I were getting the PS4, I'd be disappointed.  I use the mentioned features a lot so they are important to me.  I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch (I have a huge backlog of PS3 titles that I'm working through).  Once I'm ready for the PS4, this will likely sway my decision to go 4 or stay with the 3 (no, Xbone will never be an option for me).

Seeing as how thin gs have been going over the past year, one compay trying to up the other, sony will likely patch it in.  Bonehead move to exclude it in the first place but hopefully they correct it.

doc shady signature
Message 16 of 61 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Nov 2, 2013

docshady wrote:

If I were getting the PS4, I'd be disappointed.  I use the mentioned features a lot so they are important to me.  I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch (I have a huge backlog of PS3 titles that I'm working through).  Once I'm ready for the PS4, this will likely sway my decision to go 4 or stay with the 3 (no, Xbone will never be an option for me).

Seeing as how thin gs have been going over the past year, one compay trying to up the other, sony will likely patch it in.  Bonehead move to exclude it in the first place but hopefully they correct it.

No reason to be dissapointed, Sony has music unlimited you can sign up for at a reasonable cost and listen to all the music you want.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 17 of 61 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Nov 2, 2013
I agree with you Smiley Happy
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Message 18 of 61 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Nov 2, 2013
@peckdogg68

nah I want to listen to my selected music on my console that I put in their I dont like music unlimited so the option of removing MP3 support is a red flag for me!!!
Work Hard Play Hard!!!

GHOST_STALKER23 / @Gamergirlamber
Facebook: Amber Gonzales
PSTalent.com
Message 19 of 61 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Nov 2, 2013

I have a simple question.

Who use MP3s on they Gaming Console anyway?

Message 20 of 61 (99 Views)
0 Likes