Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: Xbox One Needs Mandatory Day One Update to do Anything

Nov 8, 2013

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I guess you can say xbox is officially done and it didn't even hit store shelves yet Lol epic huge fail.. I am so glad I did not pre order that and I never will.. Sony at least cares about us gamers that is why I am a sony fan for life <3 Love you sony thank you for actually caring about us gamers and not forcing a PS eye to us like xbone.. I will always be your loyal fan.

Did you know that Sony were going to enforce nearly identical rules as the XBone was going to? Once they saw how badly MS got treated, they changed everything and went all "we care about the gamer". Learn your facts. Smiley Wink

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 11 of 20 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Does the Xbone still needs the internet to do anything? This could explain why. Or they might need to add and change some things they want to add.  

It doesn't have to be online all the time, but it's useless without online, now that I think about it. It needs to have access to the internet once a day to play games. Something to do with DRM.

No. As stated months ago, you will need to sign online at least once, in order to download the day 1 patch that will remove all those old requirements.

After that, the console can be played offline completely, just as the 360 can.

So for those people that don't have internet at all (really?) they will need to wire in at a friend or family members house that 1 time.

Then they're all set.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 20 (113 Views)
Survivor
1960 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

I guess you can say xbox is officially done and it didn't even hit store shelves yet Lol epic huge fail.. I am so glad I did not pre order that and I never will.. Sony at least cares about us gamers that is why I am a sony fan for life <3 Love you sony thank you for actually caring about us gamers and not forcing a PS eye to us like xbone.. I will always be your loyal fan.

Did you know that Sony were going to enforce nearly identical rules as the XBone was going to? Once they saw how badly MS got treated, they changed everything and went all "we care about the gamer". Learn your facts. Smiley Wink

Photos or a Link...or it never happened 

Message 13 of 20 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

TDBWID wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Ever heard of Google?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/DRM-Xbox-One-PlayStation-4-Shuhei-Yoshida-Hiroshi-Kawano,23292.html

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

Message 14 of 20 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

TDBWID wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Ever heard of Google?

Indeed I have,..There's nothing with "enforce nearly identical rules as the XBOX One" and "Sony" in the same sentence or article

Message 15 of 20 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 8, 2013
Except the PS4 can be played offline without the day 1 patch. It's just severely severely handicapped, whereas the Xbox One is literally a big paperweight.
Message 16 of 20 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Look at the links I posted. Yoshida himself admitted it.

Message 17 of 20 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

Look at the links I posted. Yoshida himself admitted it.

GASP!!!

Sony is evil...and smart

Message 18 of 20 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

johngie wrote:
Except the PS4 can be played offline without the day 1 patch. It's just severely severely handicapped, whereas the Xbox One is literally a big paperweight.

It's not that big of a deal. The only people they need to worry about are those in areas who may not have access to an internet connection, period. Everyone else, I'm sure has access, considering they're buying a "all in one" entertainment system.

If they don't have internet, surely they know someone who does.

Fanboys will find anything and everything to slam either the XB1 or PS4. They use things -- that they previously never thought or cared about -- to slam the console they are not getting. (1080p vs. 720p; no MP3, Audio CD, streaming support on PS4 at launch, etc.)

It only matters if it suits their argument.

It's ridiculous.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 19 of 20 (82 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6950 posts

Nov 8, 2013

If you are spending $400+ on a system, then surely you can afford broadband.

Message 20 of 20 (72 Views)
0 Likes