4492 posts

Re: Xbox One Discussion

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Gojet-64 wrote:

Has anyone seen the Xbox forums? They're going crazy over there! Smiley LOL

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1351717.aspx

And it still is to a point. Saw some common sense posts over there as well.

wow, it's like uncharted territory going over to the Xbox forums. But reading a lot of their posts, it seems they were disappointed about the lack of games in the presentation. One of  the commentators said the Xbox One looked like a VHS tape machine LOL.

Edit: you have to subcribe to Xbox Live to join their forums? **bleep** is that crap? I just tried to join and it brought me to an Xbox Live Gold Membership page?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 531 of 539 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7849 posts

May 31, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Eugh... Light green text on light grey strained my eyes in minutes. Then I thought Jive was terrible at layouts. Smiley Tongue

Message 532 of 539 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10822 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Gojet-64 wrote:

And it still is to a point. Saw some common sense posts over there as well.

wow, it's like uncharted territory going over to the Xbox forums. But reading a lot of their posts, it seems they were disappointed about the lack of games in the presentation. One of  the commentators said the Xbox One looked like a VHS tape machine LOL.

Edit: you have to subcribe to Xbox Live to join their forums? **bleep** is that crap? I just tried to join and it brought me to an Xbox Live Gold Membership page?

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

Yea it is. But it's good to see that they feel similarly to other gamers about the system itself.

Dang. That's terrible. Glad Sony doesn't do that. They'd be alienating a lot of gamers that way. Not everyone can afford a subscription.

Edit: double checked and it's only $5 a month, but still it adds up.

Message 533 of 539 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9838 posts

May 31, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

Demonhunter84 wrote:
Not sure what to make of the event, I'll wait for E3 to see what M$ has up it's shelve.

Well they did announce 15 exclusive Xbox One games. All I have to say is they better be announced and not end up being a 30 second trailer like Quantum Theory. That video made no sense and I have no idea what type of game this will be.

A few of those will probably be Kinect games! Heard rumors of Rare bringing back an IP like Killer Instinct/Perfect Dark/Banjo Kazooie.

Message 534 of 539 (430 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41575 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Not sure if I should bump this or make a new thread but MS has clarified their details (after every exec saying something different):

•Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

•Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

•Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

•Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

•Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

•Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Just seems like so many hoops/restrictions. GAF is 60 pages deep in people saying they ain't buying regardless of exclusives and such. Others are waiting to see what Sony says, thinking they may have something similar in place cause this seems like it's publisher pushed and Sony would like to keep the support/appease whoever is asking for it. However, I think Sony/Yoshida has said tha. The PS4 wouldn't need an online connection (X1 needs to check in every 24hrs to even play your games) and that used games/DRM would be up to the publisher (what MS just said/clarified). I think Sony is in an interesting spot on the matter. If they make the right steps over this minefield (no online check, publishers do the DRM, can rent/lend without all the hoop jumping), then it seems those swearing off X1 are easy pick ups for Sony.

I'm just interested in seeing if Sony is more lax and what exclusives MS has tied up by making this move and then what they tie up with their own moneyhats (and if exclusives by way of the former means aren't timed).

Message 535 of 539 (382 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jun 7, 2013
^that really doesn't sound that restrictive.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 536 of 539 (365 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Strange thought: My WiFi and internet went down last night, and hadn't recovered by this morning. If it's not back up by the time I get home, I can't use my Xbox One.

Huh.
Message 537 of 539 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jun 7, 2013
^Well, that sounds pretty restrictive.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 538 of 539 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Wow, that's incredibly complicated...

<sarcasm> Hey Microsoft, I just thought of an ingenious solution! How about, if you put the disc in a particular console, you can play the game on that console! It's never been done before! </sarcasm>

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 539 of 539 (323 Views)
0 Likes