Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: Xbox Event Discussion

May 21, 2013

Potentially silly question here...

Will we all be able to watch on that link?  Just wondering if you would need to sign in with a X Box Live Account, or if it is free to all to view.  I DO NOT have X Box.

I am interested to see what they have planned to bamboozle people into wasting more money on X Box.Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 11 of 539 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 21, 2013

I'm interested to see what they announce. I prefer PlayStation but I am curious, that's all. lol

Message 12 of 539 (417 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13580 posts

May 21, 2013

I am watching just to see some news on COD.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 539 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

I'll be watching the event, as an interested party in all that goes down in the gaming industry. I have owned the first two Xbox consoles at one point as well. While there are some good things to say about the games, there has been a greater amount of disappointment in comparison to the other platforms. High-ranking software for the systems such as Dead or Alive 3, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Burnout Paradise, and Condemned: Criminal Origins all fell below my radar of what was palatable on the systems, which there wasn't a whole lot out there. Still, I've managed to enjoy some games such as Gears of War and the original Halo.

Message 14 of 539 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Even though I don't own a Xbox, I'm still interested in what it looks like and see what features it will/won't have from the PS4.

They really need to add memory to their console though for the new one. SCE gives you so much for their basic models.

I entirely agree with this. The scope of downloable content (not just addon DLC) has shifted greatly since 2005/2006, and the need for larger storage is easily apparent. On a basic level, the PS3 hit it out of the park with the non-proprietary, user upgradeable hard drives (I'll selectively pretend the Vita cards never happened for purposes of this point). It's insane that the Xbox hard drives cost as much as they do.

Also, regardless of what MS pumps out, I'll likely pick it up eventually for the console-exclusive games. That said, I definitely have enough of a backlog of games to play thanks to PS+.

Message 15 of 539 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 21, 2013

I agree with CK as well.  Memory is a big issue I want to hear about from both sides after Sony's Vita technique.  Regardless of how much you are a Sony person or not, you should be interested in this as both are going to influence each other.  This is why we all benefit from having two consoles every generation.  Things stay competitive and the gamers come out as the winner.  Now if they both decide to go down a path gamers don't agree with, then it is difficult, but usually one listens, and then the other follows suit to not lose potential gamers.

And yes, you can watch the conference from your PC with the link provided in the OP.

Message 16 of 539 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1474 posts

May 21, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Potentially silly question here...

Will we all be able to watch on that link?  Just wondering if you would need to sign in with a X Box Live Account, or if it is free to all to view.  I DO NOT have X Box.

I am interested to see what they have planned to bamboozle people into wasting more money on X Box.Smiley LOL

Moble

It looks like you do not need a Live account to view.  There are a few other places online that are going to stream it as well.  Here is a link to Gizmodo

Message 17 of 539 (353 Views)
Survivor
2374 posts

May 21, 2013
IGN also has a live stream on their front page.
Message 18 of 539 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

May 21, 2013
Xbox One

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 19 of 539 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20195 posts

May 21, 2013
New console announced. The official name is Xbox One.
Message 20 of 539 (330 Views)
0 Likes