Jun 28 2013
By: FreshRevenge Treasure Hunter 4830 posts

Xbox One Copy and Pasted specs?

6 replies 134 views Edited Jun 28, 2013

How many here think that Xbox One copy and paste the specs of the PS4? Basically Sony reveal the PS4 back in Febuary. In May Xbox One is revealed their specs. They seem identicalSmiley Indifferent. Xbox One had the whole DRM restrictions. Sony did not. Now Xbox One has recalled those restrictions. It seem that since Sony had purchase the higher end of the specs. Xbox One had to settle with the older specs? I mean if you look at the PS3. It had different architecture than the Xbox 360. My thoughts are the they waited to hear what Sony had to say than they work with the specs. That is 3 months to make a Xbox One.

To me it seems that they threw a case around similar parts and called it the Xbox One

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 1 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: Xbox One Copy and Pasted specs?

Jun 28, 2013
No....but why are we still talking about xbox1?
Message 2 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Are you seriously implying that they didnt congifugure the specs until the SONy reveal...and it was ready by E3? Really?

also, why is the XB1 still a topic on these forums? The jokes lost relevance(like I said they would) and we are all PS fans for the most part...

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 7 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Developers get dev kits for next gen consoles well before the public knows what the specs are of each console. What this means is that Microsoft had the specs for the XB1 figured out well before Sony revealed the specs for the PS4.
Message 4 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Because its worse for developers who make multi-platform games to develope for the lower common denominator....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 7 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7202 posts

Jun 29, 2013

FreshRevenge wrote:

How many here think that Xbox One copy and paste the specs of the PS4? Basically Sony reveal the PS4 back in Febuary. In May Xbox One is revealed their specs. They seem identicalSmiley Indifferent. Xbox One had the whole DRM restrictions. Sony did not. Now Xbox One has recalled those restrictions. It seem that since Sony had purchase the higher end of the specs. Xbox One had to settle with the older specs? I mean if you look at the PS3. It had different architecture than the Xbox 360. My thoughts are the they waited to hear what Sony had to say than they work with the specs. That is 3 months to make a Xbox One.

To me it seems that they threw a case around similar parts and called it the Xbox One

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

That is possible because everything is made on paper to start, its  easy to recite paper for hardware(software is a little more  complicated),  But If that is  true  then  xbox is a poorly made console and will  have servere hardware problems most  likely unfixable for the buyee(gamer) to do by  hand.. Also with the scale back of hardware / software feature input.. warrenties will be  needed.

Yes they tried to  copy  but they couldnt becuse  they (sony)  might have  started 5-10 yrs  ago or  with ps3  what this  mean  they  got something  that was not out in a deal  and no one can  get that. (an exclusive deal).. I think  tried to copy ps3  as well.. I think kaz fixed their wagon pretty good this  go  around. Once you lose  consumer  loyalty its very hard to get it back if ever.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 6 of 7 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Possibly. This gen microsoft has really been copying sony.

First they try to get in with the PSeye and eyetoy craze and create kinect.

Next, they make a 360 slim after PS3 slim released.

To support it, not even 5 months after the PS3 super slim releases, Microsoft announced the 360 super slim.

Now, with the xbox one, they pretty much are copying certain PS elements. 

Message 7 of 7 (55 Views)
0 Likes