Fender Bender
3303 posts

Re: Top 5 reasons to get Windows Vista

Mar 28, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:
Very well,

I don't want to play Halo 2 on PC. Halo CE felt clunky for XP and I expect this to be the same. That being said, I am not upgrading to Vista anytime soon.

1up_Dude wrote:
Screw it, I'm changing the focus of the thread.

The focus of the thread  is the Games for Windows LIVE.  Although, if you research Halo 2 FWV it appears to be way better than the first Halo PC Game.
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 11 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3865 posts

Mar 28, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:
2. Halo 2? I can already play that on a Xbox. I don't feel like spending money for the same game again.
3. Windows ! = User Friendly
4. So do all my other computers..
5. What? So Windows products are compatible with a Windows product? No way!

Any non mac fanboy ask for your one sided view?

PC>Every Console
Message 12 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Mar 28, 2007
I'm not interested in "Games For Windows LIVE". The way I see it is that it's another cash scheme that wouldn't benefit me as a PC gamer.
I'll stick with my regular XP titles until a real new standard is set...one that doesn't require developers and customers hands to be forced into something that benefits MS the most.

Has for Halo 2...still not interested in buying such a title which I already own on another platform. It's just not worth it to me.

1up_Dude wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
Very well,

I don't want to play Halo 2 on PC. Halo CE felt clunky for XP and I expect this to be the same. That being said, I am not upgrading to Vista anytime soon.

1up_Dude wrote:

The focus of the thread  is the Games for Windows LIVE.  Although, if you research Halo 2 FWV it appears to be way better than the first Halo PC Game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 13 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Mar 28, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:
I'm not interested in "Games For Windows LIVE". The way I see it is that it's another cash scheme that wouldn't benefit me as a PC gamer.
I'll stick with my regular XP titles until a real new standard is set...one that doesn't require developers and customers hands to be forced into something that benefits MS the most.

Has for Halo 2...still not interested in buying such a title which I already own on another platform. It's just not worth it to me.

1up_Dude wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:
Very well,

1up_Dude wrote:

Well, if you already have Xbox Live it is the same account.  It looks cool anyway.
Think before you act. It will save me the effort of correcting you.
"if World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare had a baby this is what we would get"- DarthGooch
Message 14 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Mar 28, 2007
Note: I'm sure the majority of people right now prefer OSX or XP over Vista. So I recommend not boast about it.

I'm one of the few that actually likes Vista but I have found a few little flaws.

-No hibernate feature
-Can't play ripped DVDs in Media Center anymore
-CCleaner doesn't work on Vista
-Slight resource hog (500 on startup)
-Slideshow gadget is too "concentrated" (jagged resizing)
-My video card is "supposedly" not good enough to run Windows Slideshow Themes (total BS)
-Still can't customize my Start Menu
-Can't change the color of the Taskbar
-Wallpapers don't have very good resolution
-Not enough default screensavers
Message 15 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4095 posts

Mar 28, 2007

backfire103 wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:
2. Halo 2? I can already play that on a Xbox. I don't feel like spending money for the same game again.

sthpark is more respected on these forums with his knowledge of your computers than you will ever be.
Message 16 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25087 posts

Mar 28, 2007

backfire103 wrote:

sthpark7791 wrote:

Can't say any of my points are false...though 3 could be a bit subjective..

think different
Message 17 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Mar 28, 2007

sthpark7791 wrote:

I have never understood this fascination with Halo 2 on the PC.  Why rebuy a $15 game that you have been able to play forever on the Xbox?  The only possible reason to get excited about this is if you're really into the Halo modding community, which is a rather small market.  Plus you don't have to upgrade to an unnecessary operating system (which in most cases will cost more than buying an Xbox and Halo 2) to play it.  Windows Vista is officially on notice as far as I'm concerned.
Message 18 of 18 (4 Views)
0 Likes