Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Re: Xbox Infinite event on May 21st

Apr 25, 2013
I think they wanted to remain quiet until all the announcements of other consoles got out of the way.

I can see microsoft now changing up their specs to improve over, or match up to, Sony. Or, at least come very close. Oh well, both consoles will be good, it just depends who has more cons, but that's a personal preference thing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 11 of 31 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I'm excited to see what the new Xbox will bring i've been looking forward to hearing real details for some time now
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 12 of 31 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
562 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Truly excited, now the PS4 can has a "rival" of sort.
Message 13 of 31 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Sarobi wrote:

NinjaZeroEight wrote:
I'm interested in seeing if they'll have any good exclusives that'll actually interest me. I doubt it though.
The only thing that interested me on the Xbox 360 was Gears of War. I actually almost bought one for it. Good thing I didn't. Played it years later and I thought the game was awful.

I really want to know if the 'always online' rumors are true. And I definitely want to know the specs. Prior to Sony's Playstation meeting it was rumored that the Durango would have 8GB DDR3 ram, but after Sony dropping the bomb and saying that they're going with DDR5 I bet Microsoft made some calls to either match it, or increase it overall.
Let's also add some predictions in this thread. What do you guys think?

• Kinect 2.0 captures at 60fps and has a 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • They'll announce that they've teamed up with YouTube and TwitchTV for recording and streaming
  • They will talk about T.V. coming to your Xbox and include "Only on Xbox" channels and shows such as 'Heroes' and 'MLG TV'
  • Another subscription plan announced
  • Smartglass revamped
  • System will run on Windows 8 and will have access to all Windows 8 apps at launch
  • Will have similar specs to PS4
  • They'll talk about cloud based gaming
  • Halo, Gears, Fable and Foriza will be shown, along with Kinect games
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts will be shown off on the device and will come with exclusive DLC
  • End of event

There is my prediction

You think all the games are going to be shown? Okay, let's see!

I definitely don't think so. I think a teaser for Halo, maybe Forza, no Fable, and Gears of War at E3.

I also predict that they'll show the console and a time frame for release (obvious I guess...).

I'm also thinking that we'll get a price tag and that there will be multiple SKU's on luanch.

Message 14 of 31 (72 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I agree about a new Halo teaser. Since that franchise is the XBOX's golden boy (and they announced Halo 4 was part of a new trilogy)

I'm 99.9 percent sure a "Halo 5" teaser will be shown at this event.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 15 of 31 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I really don't have any high-hopes for the next X-Box.

We know it will have an online subscription (similar to Gold); MS just won't give that up.
We are pretty sure it will have always-online DRM (even for offline games), since they refuse to say the rumors aren't true (and with the backlash its gotten, if it wasn't true they'd WANT to say so).
There's a chance it won't play used games (same reasoning as above).
A new Halo and Forza are coming (I think they've both been leaked for a holiday release); Gears is up in the air, especially with the mediocre reception the last got. Fable...probably, but no one cares...
There's some deal with EA. But its EA...not going to matter. Even Bioware games don't matter as much anymore (I bet there will be something on DA3, but the company has gone so far downhill its just sad)
Call of Duty will be heavily shown for the console...OK, so target the CoD fanboys and ignore everyone else, good strategy...probably the only way to get people to buy an always-online, no used game console...
Kinect is integral to the console and must be on for it to work; now, we know every new X-Box will ship with the Kinect2, and rumor has it that it will need to be watching you (on and not covering the camera/mic) in order for the console to work (another form of DRM)
Kinect shovelware will still be too common, and ALL games will require its use

And more stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. There aren't any games on the 360 that make me want one, and I doubt it'll be true for the next X-Box either. But, we still need to know what's going on with it.
Message 16 of 31 (62 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I'll watch the event.... but I don't care for Xbox.... my 360 Slim has a nice layer of dust after 2-3 years or so of not being used.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 31 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I never have owned an xbox. have played friends xbox's and hate the controller. I also have no interest in any of their games, so this event better show something new, rather than old IP's to get a purchase from me.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 18 of 31 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Apr 25, 2013
There's another good point...the controller sucks. Its too big and heavy (I have small lady's hands) and the left stick is in an awkward spot (I like symmetry)
Message 19 of 31 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Apr 25, 2013
What time is the event? I don't see myself getting the Nextbox because I'm too heavily invested in PlayStation.
 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 20 of 31 (38 Views)
0 Likes