Highlighted
Apr 25 2013
By: Sarobi Wastelander 778 posts

Xbox Infinite event on May 21st

[ Edited ]
30 replies 178 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

So Microsoft (Major Nelson) has announced it's Xbox event will take place on May 21st at 10:00am PT/ 1PM ET, and that they will "mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment.". I know everyone is eager to jump in and take a jab at Microsoft (for obvious reasons), but I propose that we try and make this a civilized discussion about a new piece of hardware (Keyword here is "TRY").

So.. shall we begin?

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 1 of 31 (178 Views)
Naughty Paw
20408 posts

Re: Xbox Infinite event on May 21st

Apr 25, 2013
Is the name of the event called "Xbox Infinite"? If so, it sounds like that could possibly be the name of the new console.

I'll definitely check out the conference since it'll be interesting to see what the next Xbox is going to bring to the table against the PS4 and Wii U.
Message 2 of 31 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Exactly my thoughts Dag, I want to at least watch the event and see if it's something worth investing money in, in the future.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 31 (163 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Apr 25, 2013

What is a 360? A revolution.

So, maybe the next XBOX will use an infinity logo?

I'm actually looking forward to their reveal next month.

Very curious to see what they have to show off.

With Sony and them getting their console announcements out of the way, I can't wait to see what they have in store for E3.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 31 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 25, 2013

I am interested in their event to see what they are offering for the next generation. I did not pay attention to the reveal last generation. I did pick up a 360 about 3 years after it arrived, but only to grab a couple of exclusives. Wasn't impressed.

However, despite my lack of enthusiasm for Microsoft's console and exclusives, there are certain rumors that I'm looking for information on. The whole "always on" concept bothers me as a gamer. As it currently stands (rumor wise) if you lose your internet connection for more than 3 minutes you won't be able to play the game you bought at all. Even offline. That alone could spell disaster for Microsoft.

I'm also curious as how they plan to promote it as the "center of entertainment". Feels like they are looking to make it a multi-media device (movies, apps, games, control your cable, etc.) That could be interesting. Depending on how they market it. But if done poorly, such as focusing too much on what it can do (think of Playstation's ad campaing "It only does Everything") it could backfire on them, like it did Sony.

I am a gamer. I want to play video games on my consoles. Not Facebook. Not Twitter. Not Youtube. I don't care about social interaction while I'm gaming. While Netflix is convienent, I don't want the tv apps cluttering up my pathway to getting my game started. I don't want advertisments on my console. I want to play games. We shall see.

Message 5 of 31 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2853 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I'm interested in seeing if they'll have any good exclusives that'll actually interest me. I doubt it though.
The only thing that interested me on the Xbox 360 was Gears of War. I actually almost bought one for it. Good thing I didn't. Played it years later and I thought the game was awful.

I really want to know if the 'always online' rumors are true. And I definitely want to know the specs. Prior to Sony's Playstation meeting it was rumored that the Durango would have 8GB DDR3 ram, but after Sony dropping the bomb and saying that they're going with DDR5 I bet Microsoft made some calls to either match it, or increase it overall.
Let's also add some predictions in this thread. What do you guys think?
Message 6 of 31 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3324 posts

Apr 25, 2013

NinjaZeroEight wrote:
I'm interested in seeing if they'll have any good exclusives that'll actually interest me. I doubt it though.
The only thing that interested me on the Xbox 360 was Gears of War. I actually almost bought one for it. Good thing I didn't. Played it years later and I thought the game was awful.

I really want to know if the 'always online' rumors are true. And I definitely want to know the specs. Prior to Sony's Playstation meeting it was rumored that the Durango would have 8GB DDR3 ram, but after Sony dropping the bomb and saying that they're going with DDR5 I bet Microsoft made some calls to either match it, or increase it overall.

the overall specs of the machine will come very close in comparison as it always has in the past to a certain degree and i will be watching closely myself..

now if the machine does demand the always on then i won't get one,at least not until the machine is hacked and that is bypassed because it will be, just like every other console ever made...it just comes down to how long it will take..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 7 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Apr 25, 2013

NinjaZeroEight wrote:

• Kinect 2.0 captures at 60fps and has a 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • They'll announce that they've teamed up with YouTube and TwitchTV for recording and streaming
  • They will talk about T.V. coming to your Xbox and include "Only on Xbox" channels and shows such as 'Heroes' and 'MLG TV'
  • Another subscription plan announced
  • Smartglass revamped
  • System will run on Windows 8 and will have access to all Windows 8 apps at launch
  • Will have similar specs to PS4
  • They'll talk about cloud based gaming
  • Halo, Gears, Fable and Foriza will be shown, along with Kinect games
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts will be shown off on the device and will come with exclusive DLC
  • End of event

There is my prediction

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 8 of 31 (121 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17397 posts

Apr 25, 2013

my predictions are :

yes it is !

yes it is !

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 9 of 31 (116 Views)
MVP Support
9698 posts

Apr 25, 2013
It's hard to predict what they're going to do, they've been pretty quiet these past few months.
Message 10 of 31 (103 Views)
0 Likes