Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Re: Xbox 720

Jan 29, 2012

whats funny is the fact that itll probably use blu-ray, which means microsoft will have to pay sony. XD

http://http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20111107232643_Microsoft_Xbox_Loop_to_Feature...

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 11 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jan 30, 2012

PeeB4uGoToBed wrote:

anyway, if the rumors are true for the GPU and CPU, thats gonna be one expensive console, id rather build a gaming PC

It will probably be expensive at launch, but I avoid buying launch products. The price will eventually come down. I'm content with my PS3 and Xbox 360 though, and I can't imagine what I'd do with a next generation console right now.

Message 12 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jan 30, 2012

PeeB4uGoToBed wrote:

how would a system know if a game is used or not?

anyway, if the rumors are true for the GPU and CPU, thats gonna be one expensive console, id rather build a gaming PC

It's quite simple.  There are actually small little strips of code that let a system know that a game is legit, as opposed to if you burned a game, where that disc would not have the code.  If they were to add in code that got saved to a system when you put it in, then you would only be able to play it on that system, as any other system wouldn't be able to read the code and therefore wouldn't be able to play the game.  This is just theoretical, but this would be an easy way to do it.  It's kind of like the codes you get in boxes now for online play, except imprinted on the disc and for access to the whole game.

Message 13 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jan 30, 2012

I hate all this talk about the next generation.  How much better can you make games look anyway?  I mean so many people already have PS3's and Xbox 360's, who wants to buy another console who's pricepoint will probably make the infamous "599 US Dollars" meme look like chump change.

Message 14 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jan 30, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

A new report this morning says industry sources claim the next Xbox will play Blu-ray discs, may not play used games, and will ship with the next iteration of Kinect.

The Internet is swirling with rumors today about the graphics capability of Microsoft's next console.

According to a report from Fudzilla published today, the power behind the next Xbox will be a PowerPC CPU married to a modified ATI Southern Islands 7000 series GPU. The code name for the 32nm chip is Oban, and the report says it's currently in production. The first run of these chips are being made for development kits only.

Fudzilla's report suggests chips for consumer consoles will go into production by the end of the year, suggesting we won't see Microsoft's new console until 2013 at the earliest. Meanwhile, IGN says the GPU will be based on the 6000 series instead, akin to the Radeon HD 6670.

So far, Microsoft isn't commenting on any of the rumors.

Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

Sources confirm fall 2013 release, detail graphics processing power.

In real terms, the Xbox 720's raw graphics processing power is expected to be six times that of the Xbox 360 and will yield 20-percent greater performance than Nintendo's forthcoming console, the Wii U.

Developers are likely to receive development kits based on the system's final configuration in August. Projected pricing for the console was not provided.

CELS178Medium-1

I'm not buying the PS4 or Xbox 720 unless their GPU is akin to the NVIDIA GTX 590/ATI Raedon 6850 HD/etc.  Otherwise, what's the point?  Like with the PS3's RSX processor, they used something based on the NVIDIA 7700, even though the 8 series...and I think even 9 series...was already out.

Message 15 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Jan 30, 2012

I remember the PS3 GPU was meant to be an aid for game developers used to conventional GPUs, while the CellBE was supposed to be used for most of the heavy lifting. Optimizing for the CellBE is what allows the PS3 to churn out games that get more and more visually impressive despite the dated hardware (e.g. see Naughty Dog's work with the Uncharted series).

At the PS3 launch in November 2006, the GeForce 8800 had just come out. The 7800-derived RSX wasn't that uncompetitive for the times.

Message 16 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Jan 30, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

poodude wrote:

havocsarmy wrote:

I wonder how they will play Blu-Ray when that feature is owned by Sony

Some type of deal or something?

CELS178Medium-1

I'm sure they could licence it if they really wanted to use it, they'd just have to pay a small fee. It's like when you enable WMA files on the PS3.

Then the two consoles would only be separated by online featuresWhat would be the difference between the two systems

CELS178Medium-1

The hardware could be different, i.e, different GPUs. As well, online features are a big part of gaming nowadays, it's why you hear people say "I buy all my multiplat games on the 360 because of Live". It's also why many people prefer Steam to Origin, and why so many people are critical of the Wii. Even if the hardware in the PS4 and Next Xbox is the same, the actual network functions can end up being a deal breaker.

Message 17 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jan 30, 2012

i dont understand how much better next gen systems can even get, i think what we have now is fine, but i suppose the next gen is going to be all about money this time around with the rumor going about used games not working, and even more powerful GPU and CPU's

this is my signature
Message 18 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jan 30, 2012

PeeB4uGoToBed wrote:

i dont understand how much better next gen systems can even get, i think what we have now is fine, but i suppose the next gen is going to be all about money this time around with the rumor going about used games not working, and even more powerful GPU and CPU's

The gameplay could get better and more realistic, and final fantasy could make sense this time around. XD

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 19 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jan 30, 2012

haha, yeah, i watched my girlfriend beat my copy of final fantasy 13 and now shes getting xiii-2 tomorrow, that game highly confuses me but the graphics were beautiful

this is my signature
Message 20 of 26 (4 Views)
0 Likes