Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/21/2005
Offline
15867 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


thatonekid393 wrote:
Hm. "xbox360fanboy.com"

I am exercising my 15th amendment rights and not clicking that link.

It's like the 5th amendment saying I don't have to talk, only it deals with webpages and it's triply better (3X5=15)





NPD > You.

The NPD is the most reliable source of sales information so I'd suggest you DO click that link.

Give me an NPD link and I'll check it out.

Give me a webpage that blatantly ends in "fanboy.com" and I'm going to think it's just a tad biased. That's just my opinion though.
Message 41 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 11/30/2003
Offline
45517 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


thatonekid393 wrote:


carbonox_ratchet wrote:


thatonekid393 wrote:
Hm. "xbox360fanboy.com"

I am exercising my 15th amendment rights and not clicking that link.

It's like the 5th amendment saying I don't have to talk, only it deals with webpages and it's triply better (3X5=15)





NPD > You.

The NPD is the most reliable source of sales information so I'd suggest you DO click that link.

Give me an NPD link and I'll check it out.

Give me a webpage that blatantly ends in "fanboy.com" and I'm going to think it's just a tad biased. That's just my opinion though.





But what you and other people need to realise is that these "fanboy" websites aren't always going to lie and start rumours. The majority of the news is genuine.
Message 42 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/02/2005
Offline
20647 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


BrolyReborn wrote:


chaingangsoldier69 wrote:


BrolyReborn wrote:
PS3's are sold out, Wii's are sold out. I actually have never seen a Wii box in a store....

Only time Ive seen a PS3 in store was when I got it, but they just had unloaded them.


Ive seen atleast 30 360's in every Best Buy I got too, as no one wants that console. Microsoft was able to make a lot of Xbox 360s to not sell out this holiday season






Damn yall going crazy from that little statement I made at the end of my post. I'm not pointing fingers but some people say no one wants the PS3 because they see them on shelves. No different from the statement I made.


Thats because when people say "no one" wants the PS3 its sort of true...and dont call me a fanboy because im not as I plan to buy a PS3 in the spring and cant wait to do so.  I went to Bestbuy the day after Christmas and it was PACKED I could barely find a prking spot and usually the lot is half empty on a normal day.  It was so crowded I couldnt even walk around in the games section.  I went to check if they had any PS3s (even though I c wasnt planning on buying one I was just curious) when I went down the aisle there were 3 60GB PS3s just sitting there right out in the open and people were just walking by, some kid actually picked one up and put it back down, now I dont know if he was just looking at it or planned on buying it and changed his mind or what but he just put it down.  Then I went to the 360 section to pick up my 12 months subscription card and looked at the pyramid of 360 boxes stacked up and there had to be at least 20 people standing around them.  I even saw 4 or 5 people pick a box up and take it to the register.  When I was done with my shopping I decided to check on the PS3s again to see if any one had picked at least one up, but nope all 3 were still sitting there out in the open, and it wasnt as if you couldnt see them, they were well out in the open.
Message 43 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/09/2003
Offline
1898 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


BrolyReborn wrote:
PS3's are sold out, Wii's are sold out. I actually have never seen a Wii box in a store....

Only time Ive seen a PS3 in store was when I got it, but they just had unloaded them.


Ive seen atleast 30 360's in every Best Buy I got too, as no one wants that console.



And I have seen 33 PS3s in Best buy. Wii Sold out yes, PS3 no.
Message 44 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/22/2006
Offline
2382 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007
maybe it had something to do with the fact that there were alot more 360's available then ps3s or Wii's....
In times of economic uncertainty, the world turns to Open Source

http://www.youtube.com/OprahDust
Message 45 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/12/2006
Offline
12394 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


PS2master4444 wrote:


BrolyReborn wrote:


chaingangsoldier69 wrote:


BrolyReborn wrote:
PS3's are sold out, Wii's are sold out. I actually have never seen a Wii box in a store....

Only time Ive seen a PS3 in store was when I got it, but they just had unloaded them.


Ive seen atleast 30 360's in every Best Buy I got too, as no one wants that console. Microsoft was able to make a lot of Xbox 360s to not sell out this holiday season






Damn yall going crazy from that little statement I made at the end of my post. I'm not pointing fingers but some people say no one wants the PS3 because they see them on shelves. No different from the statement I made.


Thats because when people say "no one" wants the PS3 its sort of true...and dont call me a fanboy because im not as I plan to buy a PS3 in the spring and cant wait to do so.  I went to Bestbuy the day after Christmas and it was PACKED I could barely find a prking spot and usually the lot is half empty on a normal day.  It was so crowded I couldnt even walk around in the games section.  I went to check if they had any PS3s (even though I c wasnt planning on buying one I was just curious) when I went down the aisle there were 3 60GB PS3s just sitting there right out in the open and people were just walking by, some kid actually picked one up and put it back down, now I dont know if he was just looking at it or planned on buying it and changed his mind or what but he just put it down.  Then I went to the 360 section to pick up my 12 months subscription card and looked at the pyramid of 360 boxes stacked up and there had to be at least 20 people standing around them.  I even saw 4 or 5 people pick a box up and take it to the register.  When I was done with my shopping I decided to check on the PS3s again to see if any one had picked at least one up, but nope all 3 were still sitting there out in the open, and it wasnt as if you couldnt see them, they were well out in the open.


I guess it just depends on the area.

I live in LA, which is a big city meaning there are more people. I went to a few Best Buy's and it was the same.

30 360's and no PS3 or Wii's.

Where do you live?
BrolyReborn
Message 46 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 10/07/2005
Offline
19357 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007
(1st place) Xbox360

(2nd place) Nintendo Wii (3rd place) Playstation 3
Why, yes, I was born on January 1, 1905."
Message 47 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/09/2003
Offline
1898 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007
Here Artical dated 1/1/07 shows pics of PS3s not selling in BEST BUY

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/plenty-o-ps3s-but-no-takers-225271.php




Plenty O PS3s But No Takers



Message Edited by C.I.W on 01-02-2007 10:20 PM
Message 48 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/02/2005
Offline
20647 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


BrolyReborn wrote:


PS2master4444 wrote:


BrolyReborn wrote:


chaingangsoldier69 wrote:


BrolyReborn wrote:
PS3's are sold out, Wii's are sold out. I actually have never seen a Wii box in a store....

Only time Ive seen a PS3 in store was when I got it, but they just had unloaded them.


Ive seen atleast 30 360's in every Best Buy I got too, as no one wants that console. Microsoft was able to make a lot of Xbox 360s to not sell out this holiday season






Damn yall going crazy from that little statement I made at the end of my post. I'm not pointing fingers but some people say no one wants the PS3 because they see them on shelves. No different from the statement I made.


Thats because when people say "no one" wants the PS3 its sort of true...and dont call me a fanboy because im not as I plan to buy a PS3 in the spring and cant wait to do so.  I went to Bestbuy the day after Christmas and it was PACKED I could barely find a prking spot and usually the lot is half empty on a normal day.  It was so crowded I couldnt even walk around in the games section.  I went to check if they had any PS3s (even though I c wasnt planning on buying one I was just curious) when I went down the aisle there were 3 60GB PS3s just sitting there right out in the open and people were just walking by, some kid actually picked one up and put it back down, now I dont know if he was just looking at it or planned on buying it and changed his mind or what but he just put it down.  Then I went to the 360 section to pick up my 12 months subscription card and looked at the pyramid of 360 boxes stacked up and there had to be at least 20 people standing around them.  I even saw 4 or 5 people pick a box up and take it to the register.  When I was done with my shopping I decided to check on the PS3s again to see if any one had picked at least one up, but nope all 3 were still sitting there out in the open, and it wasnt as if you couldnt see them, they were well out in the open.


I guess it just depends on the area.

I live in LA, which is a big city meaning there are more people. I went to a few Best Buy's and it was the same.

30 360's and no PS3 or Wii's.

Where do you live?


I live in Pittsburgh.  I understand then...LA does have a lot of people and PS3s and Wiis im guessing are more scarce.  I was there over the summer and lemme just say this, those highways are hell!
Message 49 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/12/2006
Offline
12394 posts
 

Re: Xbox 360 outsells Wii and and PS3 this holidays

Jan 3, 2007


C.I.W wrote:
Here Artical dated 1/1/07 shows pics of PS3s not selling in BEST BUY

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/plenty-o-ps3s-but-no-takers-225271.php




Plenty O PS3s But No Takers



Message Edited by C.I.W on 01-02-2007 10:20 PM

Display boxes....
BrolyReborn
Message 50 of 59 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes