PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Re: XMB NEEDS TO BE REDESIGNED!

Apr 14, 2011

So far, 'dems the rules!

But, as I said before, us Mods are lookin' into it. ..... technically, it's more comparison we like to stay away from. We don't mind you mentioning the other consoles....but it's when there's a direct comparison happening... that can get tricky...

Message 51 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Alrighty but thanks for looking into it

So about that 360, I would compare it to the PS3 by...hahaha jk

Message 52 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Apr 14, 2011

hehe

Message 53 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Apr 15, 2011

A redesign is welcome, but not needed.

The XMB is simple and easy.

Raptr Forum Signature

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe
Message 54 of 68 (42 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 21, 2011

saltytaro wrote:

The main function of the XMB is to navigate the PS3 and it does a darn good job at it.  I can find what I want and with no hassle of navigation confusion.  I simply don't understand the original post of this thread and it's concern about aesthetics.  There are plenty of themes out there with cool icons and I can also change the wallpaper to what I want.  What is there to change?

Just to keep in mind everybody, the PS3's XMB has well over 30 icons.  Arranging them in a coherent, easy to read manner is harder than you might think.  The current setup is pretty much great.

Well said! And yes there are many icon, it can be a time consuming task creating a theme. Thats key difference, we PS3 owners have the option to alter our XMB almost entirely. The only change I'd welcome is Sony supported tools for personal design options. A redesign is not a welcomed idea nor needed.

Great work PD so far, keep the DLC coming!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 55 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

May 21, 2011

smstevenms wrote:

saltytaro wrote:

The main function of the XMB is to navigate the PS3 and it does a darn good job at it.  I can find what I want and with no hassle of navigation confusion.  I simply don't understand the original post of this thread and it's concern about aesthetics.  There are plenty of themes out there with cool icons and I can also change the wallpaper to what I want.  What is there to change?

Just to keep in mind everybody, the PS3's XMB has well over 30 icons.  Arranging them in a coherent, easy to read manner is harder than you might think.  The current setup is pretty much great.

Well said! And yes there are many icon, it can be a time consuming task creating a theme. Thats key difference, we PS3 owners have the option to alter our XMB almost entirely. The only change I'd welcome is Sony supported tools for personal design options. A redesign is not a welcomed idea nor needed.

There's one kit made by a Sony Employee which allows you to put together a theme. I don't know where I found it, but it's out there. For design, however, you'd need Photoshop or Gimp.

To the OP.

NO.

IT's too late to change this late anyway. Wait for the PS4.

Also, The Game.

-Burner626

Sig 1 PNG
Message 56 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

May 21, 2011

I like the XMB, it works.

Message 57 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

May 21, 2011

It's fine as it is.

Message 58 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 21, 2011

To be honest, I'm quite fond of simple UIs that are easy to navigate. XMB fits into that category quite well, and I don't see why it should be changed.

DL_DARK Trophy Card
Message 59 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 21, 2011

Hook a brother up! Please give me the name of the app you have, a version #, anything. I'm a PS king, well Elements anyway, I can gimp if needed but not likely needed.

Great work PD so far, keep the DLC coming!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 60 of 68 (42 Views)
0 Likes