VP of Gaming
29174 posts

Re: XMB NEEDS TO BE REDESIGNED!

Feb 10, 2011

Short answer; No!

Slightly longer answer; why is it that when something works you guys come along and say "YOU NEED TO CHANGE AND IT MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT TO USE!!".

It's simple. It works. If it ain't broke don't break it.

Message 11 of 68 (457 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 10, 2011

it doesnt have to be more difficult just make it look better im aware. its been looking the same since launch atleast add some stuff to it. since its easy to use for a casual gamer, im not saying make it more difficult just saying add more or revamo it, like central plaza in ps home

Message 12 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6512 posts

Feb 10, 2011

To be honest, I would rather see the PS4 above all else.

Message 13 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2166 posts

Feb 10, 2011

This XMB is crazy annoying. Needs to be redone. So I concur with this thread.

-----------------------------------

Message 14 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Feb 10, 2011

This is really ridiculous that at this day in age Sonys is still not being as competitive as they could, even when it comes to there UI. The XMB is a dinosaur and simply needs to be changed. Stop waiting for some one else to do it  "First" , take the  initiative, Lead and stop Following.

Change the XMB ,then market the new features, make money ,rinse and repeat.

Message 15 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Feb 10, 2011

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Its not fine as it is, compared to LIVE PSn is a couple tyears behind, please, anyone saying it is fine needs to look around, I LOVE the PS3, my fav system, but sony has done nothing to improve, upgrade PSn at all, its years behind live. Sony has really dropped the ball with the online, social aspect, its why the other box has taken sales away from the PS3.

Who said change means it will be hard to navigate?

If want get get a great 3D "social aspect".You should get up,go outside and make some friends.You don't even need 3D glasses or a "Move"thingy.Unless you are physically disabled,in that case,I disgress.   

Message 16 of 68 (457 Views)
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Feb 10, 2011

ROYAL-TEEEE wrote:

haha thanks. The XMB is too generic for me it might bve easy for some of you but i dont go for "easy" things and the XMB could never be difficult anyway so if sony redesigns and to make it look better and you might find it difficult to naigate then you have a problem lol. I m saying the XMB looks like the psp and it should be upgraded to something better. come on its the ps3 not the psp. well i hope sony would add more to it or atleast redesign or add more friends, ive deleted alot of ppl cause of this 100 friend limit.

If the XMB had more flare it would slow everything down. The XMB looks the same on the PSP and Sony Tvs for a reason. If you want a redesign why not install a theme or something.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Feb 10, 2011

I don't see anything wrong with the XBM, but the fact that there is a PS Store logo in every tab that is kind of annoying

Message 18 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Feb 11, 2011

No, the XMB is perfect as is. If it is that big of a bother, buy a competitive system, or play your competitive system. I would rather the XMB to be customizable as it is, and I would rather it to be easy to run around as well, which it also is. It is perfect. I have seen the setup of all three home consoles. The PS3's is the best.

As I said before, if it ain't broke:

http://mychinaconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/if-it-aint-broke-dont-fix-it.png

Message 19 of 68 (457 Views)
Splicer
89 posts

Feb 11, 2011

The media bar should probably be made horizontal so the text can be made bigger and more readable in all menus, cutting the monitor in half horizontally just compounds the problem of being forced to use almost unreadable small text in most situations.  Even with a 50" screen if you're more than 15 feet away readability can become problematic. 

Message 20 of 68 (457 Views)
0 Likes