Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 09 2011
By: ROYAL-TEEEE Splicer 48 posts

XMB NEEDS TO BE REDESIGNED!

67 replies 349 views Edited Feb 9, 2011

the XMB needs to be redesigned, its been looking the same since launch the only difference is they add glitter to the background they should do something more cause everytime i log in it feels like im connecting my psp to my flat screen haha. they should redesign the friends list for sure, make it possible to add more ppl, and fill up the comment box, and make the list look more unique. Adding more feautres to the XMB would be great,redesigning the tabs. i love the dynamic themes but sony dont have that many good ones out so i just think the next big update (4.0) they should make the XMB look fresh and out of this world.

ROYAL-TEEEE.png                                                                                                                          

psplus.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 68 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Re: XMB NEEDS TO BE REDESIGNED!

Feb 9, 2011

Welcome to the forums. Please go easy on the Capitals on your thread names because some may find it annoying.

About the XMB, it is fine as it is. It should not be so "out of this world" that it would be hard to navigate. I mean, take a look at this forums after Sony got rid of Lithium.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 68 (349 Views)
Gaming Beast
2284 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Its not fine as it is, compared to LIVE PSn is a couple tyears behind, please, anyone saying it is fine needs to look around, I LOVE the PS3, my fav system, but sony has done nothing to improve, upgrade PSn at all, its years behind live. Sony has really dropped the ball with the online, social aspect, its why the other box has taken sales away from the PS3.

Who said change means it will be hard to navigate?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 68 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2127 posts

Feb 9, 2011

It doesnt need to be redesigned. Changing the XMB is mearly aesthetic. I would rather Sony focus on improving the online than making my XMB look pretty. If i want it to look pretty ill download a theme

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 68 (349 Views)
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Feb 9, 2011

haha but the forums are still

Lithium.

I get a random admin password box poping up and it only happens when i visit this website ! So I guess that box only pops up since this is not a Lithium website!

As for the XMB there is a saying if its not broken why fix it?

you can compare this to any other systems XMB and out of all of them PS3 is the easiest to use IMO ! WII just sucks in my mind and the XBox well HATE thier XMB , In fact Xbox XMB is one of the reason why my cousin return his XBOX to get the PS3 .

So what it comes down to really is the masses if most people enjoy the XMB sony offers now and only a handful want a new one guess who wins ?

Also keep in mind the ps3 was in protype in 2000 6 years before the release .

I personally don't see them wanting to change alot of things about the ps3 since the only major issue this system has is the YLOD . . . .

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 68 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Feb 9, 2011

haha thanks. The XMB is too generic for me it might bve easy for some of you but i dont go for "easy" things and the XMB could never be difficult anyway so if sony redesigns and to make it look better and you might find it difficult to naigate then you have a problem lol. I m saying the XMB looks like the psp and it should be upgraded to something better. come on its the ps3 not the psp. well i hope sony would add more to it or atleast redesign or add more friends, ive deleted alot of ppl cause of this 100 friend limit.

ROYAL-TEEEE.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 68 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8325 posts

Feb 9, 2011

TruePain22 wrote:

haha but the forums are still

Lithium.

I get a random admin password box poping up and it only happens when i visit this website ! So I guess that box only pops up since this is not a Lithium website!

As for the XMB there is a saying if its not broken why fix it?

you can compare this to any other systems XMB and out of all of them PS3 is the easiest to use IMO ! WII just sucks in my mind and the XBox well HATE thier XMB , In fact Xbox XMB is one of the reason why my cousin return his XBOX to get the PS3 .

So what it comes down to really is the masses if most people enjoy the XMB sony offers now and only a handful want a new one guess who wins ?

Also keep in mind the ps3 was in protype in 2000 6 years before the release .

I personally don't see them wanting to change alot of things about the ps3 since the only major issue this system has is the YLOD . . . .

It might not be broken, but it also isn't the fastest.

It takes a few seconds for the xmb to show up while in-game and the icons take a few seconds to load.

You can't disagree on me with that one.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 68 (349 Views)
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Feb 10, 2011

No.

Only thing they need to do is make it load faster when in-game, but this is more on the dev side than anything.

I don't want my XMB cluttered with useless junk, or have it turned into some social network crap. It's plain, simple, fast and easily accesible.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 68 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Feb 10, 2011

OP, I agree with you 100%,  you guys are crazy for not wanting to trash this dated XMB look. SONY get with the TIMES !!

Seriously, Sony takes forever to catch on to anything, Its like they purposely like to self destruct.

The XMB is old and Ugly,for the love of God Trash it Sony,send it up to XMB heaven .

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 68 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Feb 10, 2011

it's just a horizontal scrolling bar, what is so bad about that?

you can put any picture as a background...

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 68 (349 Views)
0 Likes