Jun 13 2013
By: HiTmAN_90 VP of Gaming 37274 posts

XBOX Achievements changes, challenges

3 replies 1001 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

"First things first: you can now earn more than just regular achievements. Those are staying as they are (well, mostly, more on that later). Alongside them, though, games will also set you "challenges", which will be limited in availability, mostly pegged to real-world timeframes. Interestingly, these can span games, potentially including genres, series or a publishers catalogue."

"Achievements no longer only unlock...achievements. Or avatar gear. They can now also be rigged to provide users with "digital artwork, new maps, unlockable characters, and temporary stat boosts"."

read the rest here

I like the part where they can unlock new maps and stuff. i wonder if getting a certain unlockable will ONLY be available by getting a certain achievement

Message 1 of 4 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: XBOX Achievements changes, challenges

Jun 13, 2013

Trophies being linked to in-game rewards is something i've always wanted. I hope this is something that comes to the playstation.

Although, I suppose most of the significant trophies were an after-effect of doing something in-game that rewarded you..so i guess it doesnt really matter.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 4 (772 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37274 posts

Jun 13, 2013

it is actually cool if playstation would do something like this getting a reward for earning a trophy.

like a certain character skin or something

or getting a cool theme for earning certain trophies

Message 3 of 4 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 13, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

it is actually cool if playstation would do something like this getting a reward for earning a trophy.

like a certain character skin or something

or getting a cool theme for earning certain trophies

Yes, actually i'd be a bigger fan of out of game rewards for trophies.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 4 (445 Views)
0 Likes