Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 10 2014
By: echmoba First Son 26 posts

Wrestling Predicament

8 replies 122 views Edited Jan 10, 2014

So im in 8th grade. I am trying out wrestling for the first time. I'm pretty much doing it to keep in shape for football... and i hate it. But if i quit i feel like I'll be letting down the coaches and my friends will give me flak. I'm really bad at it but will probably make varsity because i only have one person to wrestle in the wrestle offs. If i finish the season, i will never ever do it again. whats your opinion? Quit or no quit?

Message 1 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4501 posts

Re: Wrestling Predicament

Jan 10, 2014

echmoba wrote:

So im in 8th grade. I am trying out wrestling for the first time. I'm pretty much doing it to keep in shape for football... and i hate it. But if i quit i feel like I'll be letting down the coaches and my friends will give me flak. I'm really bad at it but will probably make varsity because i only have one person to wrestle in the wrestle offs. If i finish the season, i will never ever do it again. whats your opinion? Quit or no quit?

If you're gonna quit, you are gonna quit once you finish that wrestle off match. I say don't quit yet.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
716 posts

Jan 10, 2014

This is the Internet you cant ask us . Its your choice none of ours.

Message 3 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4501 posts

Jan 10, 2014

HEAT-STROKErules wrote:

Maybe if you re-read his ppost, he's asking us for advice. This is the internet. He can ask us.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 9 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1719 posts

Jan 10, 2014

HEAT-STROKErules wrote:

It's also good to look for a second opinion before making a decision.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 5 of 9 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Jan 10, 2014

My advice is to trust your instincts.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 6 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32941 posts

Jan 10, 2014

You might as well tough it out for another few months.  And remember it's making you stronger for football.  This is win/win/win.  You don't let down your team, people don't hate you, and you're actually improving yourself.

Next year you mutter some random crap about your overloaded schedule and regretfully decline to sign up again for wrestling.  After a while, people will forget you were on the wrestling team.

Message 7 of 9 (79 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

echmoba wrote:

This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to handle this situation throughout life.

You already made the committment to wrestle for your school this year.  What you should do, as an upstanding man, is to complete your current obligation and finish this wrestling season.   However, now that you know you don't like it do not continue wrestling once your season is over.

Next time you see your coach tell him your feelings.   Just say  "Coach, Don't worry I am going to finsih this season that I said I would participate in but I don't really enjoy this so I don't wish to play again next year"   The coach SHOULD appreciate your honesty and this will also make it so you don't "burn your bridge" with the coach as you never know when he might be able to help you in the future!

Message 8 of 9 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10856 posts

Jan 10, 2014
You could always take the david beckham way out
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 9 of 9 (60 Views)
0 Likes