Jan 06 2007
By: nyzballa12~ Treasure Hunter 8934 posts

Wow! What a difference!

6 replies 3 views Edited Jan 6, 2007
I just cleaned up my pc of useless programs and wow! My desktop looks much cleaner and my pc is that much faster! I just downloaded ie7, windows defender, wmp 11, and all of those "urgent" windows updates that nobody ever downloads I've gotta say, I like ie7...I am on it now and it loads much better than ff imo...I may have a new favorite browser I put back on my Royale theme and got rid of all that other crapy themes.

Does anyone have a good bg that would go with the MCE theme?
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 1 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37306 posts

Re: Wow! What a difference!

Jan 6, 2007
Every year, or maybe every other year, it is a good thing to wipe the hard drive and re-install Windows.  It always runs so much cleaner.  I'm overdue for wiping the C: drive.  My main compy is kinda slow these days.
Message 2 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Jan 6, 2007
Good for you!

Firefox is better.
Message 3 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8934 posts

Jan 6, 2007

DrGadget wrote:
Every year, or maybe every other year, it is a good thing to wipe the hard drive and re-install Windows.  It always runs so much cleaner.  I'm overdue for wiping the C: drive.  My main compy is kinda slow these days.

But I didn't reinstall xp Smiley Surprised I was going too, but my cd got scratched and a file is corrupt on the cd now...I paid $100 bucks for it too I just uninstalled everything I didn't use which freed up about 5 gb...then I transferred all my music and videos onto another partition that freed up another 36 gb..My HD is 250 gb so I made a 60 gb partition for my music and videos so my xp is wayyy faster now

And to stikshift, I used ff for about 4 years now and I used to be a ff fanboy but I must admit, ie7 is pretty nice! FF always used to crash on me and give me some error.
YEH DIG?!
Message 4 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4945 posts

Jan 6, 2007
You never know what a little cleaning can do until you try it.
CLICK MY SIGNATURE TO SEE MY YOUTUBE PAGE
Message 5 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37306 posts

Jan 6, 2007

nyzballa12 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

But I didn't reinstall xp Smiley Surprised I was going too, but my cd got scratched and a file is corrupt on the cd now...I paid $100 bucks for it too I just uninstalled everything I didn't use which freed up about 5 gb...then I transferred all my music and videos onto another partition that freed up another 36 gb..My HD is 250 gb so I made a 60 gb partition for my music and videos so my xp is wayyy faster now

And to stikshift, I used ff for about 4 years now and I used to be a ff fanboy but I must admit, ie7 is pretty nice! FF always used to crash on me and give me some error.

Still good, if you notice a lot of improvement.  Now run a nice long file defrag.  That usually gets you a few more percentage points.
Message 6 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8934 posts

Jan 6, 2007

DrGadget wrote:

nyzballa12 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Still good, if you notice a lot of improvement.  Now run a nice long file defrag.  That usually gets you a few more percentage points.

Yea, I'm  going to run a Spyware and antivirus scan later and before I go to bed I will start the defrag cus that takes forever
YEH DIG?!
Message 7 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes