Reply
Dec 26 2006
By: swattkidd~ Keyblade Wielder 10305 posts
Offline

Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

9 replies 0 views Edited Dec 26, 2006
Ok some people are here saying christmas is not the same because of political correctness THAT MAKES NO SENSE! its because you are getting older, and the only reason people should say HAPPY HOLIDAYS is because when you say Merry Christmas to someone as they walk out of a store or something, you are saying it so they can be happy and you want them to get that "warm" feeling. So if you are doing this to people you dont know and you want to give them that feeling, why dont you say Happy Holidays so you can give everyone that "warm" feeling as they walk out of the store. I dont think people should get pissed and go on strike for this kind of thing, but i mean you say those things to make people happy so make everyone happy. I can understand if you talking to friends and family than yea of course say the holiday you celebrate but dont say a specific holiday to people you dont know because....You dont know them and what holiday they celebrate. End RANT.

ps. My sig only says merry christmas because that is one character that came in a pic font package. and i celebrate it
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/23/2005
Offline
4613 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006


swattkidd wrote:
Ok some people are here saying christmas is not the same because of political correctness THAT MAKES NO SENSE! its because you are getting older, and the only reason people should say HAPPY HOLIDAYS is because when you say Merry Christmas to someone as they walk out of a store or something, you are saying it so they can be happy and you want them to get that "warm" feeling. So if you are doing this to people you dont know and you want to give them that feeling, why dont you say Happy Holidays so you can give everyone that "warm" feeling as they walk out of the store. I dont think people should get pissed and go on strike for this kind of thing, but i mean you say those things to make people happy so make everyone happy. I can understand if you talking to friends and family than yea of course say the holiday you celebrate but dont say a specific holiday to people you dont know because....You dont know them and what holiday they celebrate. End RANT.

ps. My sig only says merry christmas because that is one character that came in a pic font package. and i celebrate it


Wrong. Wal Mart, last year, made it company policy to not use the words merry christmas in their stores or advertisements because they were afraid that it would offend people who do not celebrate christmas. Everything is changing to accompany the minority and make them feel warm if it comes at the expense of tradition. **bleep**ing liberals


Message Edited by Wonder Showzen on 12-25-2006 09:22 PM

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/10/2006
Offline
3850 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006
um...ye i dont really mind tho, but i know people who do mind.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/18/2005
Offline
3540 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006
xmas is annoying because of the traffic and all the pll buying like fools

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/20/2005
Offline
10305 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006


Wonder Showzen wrote:


swattkidd wrote:
Ok some people are here saying christmas is not the same because of political correctness THAT MAKES NO SENSE! its because you are getting older, and the only reason people should say HAPPY HOLIDAYS is because when you say Merry Christmas to someone as they walk out of a store or something, you are saying it so they can be happy and you want them to get that "warm" feeling. So if you are doing this to people you dont know and you want to give them that feeling, why dont you say Happy Holidays so you can give everyone that "warm" feeling as they walk out of the store. I dont think people should get pissed and go on strike for this kind of thing, but i mean you say those things to make people happy so make everyone happy. I can understand if you talking to friends and family than yea of course say the holiday you celebrate but dont say a specific holiday to people you dont know because....You dont know them and what holiday they celebrate. End RANT.

ps. My sig only says merry christmas because that is one character that came in a pic font package. and i celebrate it


Wrong. Wal Mart, last year, made it company policy to not use the words merry christmas in their stores or advertisements because they were afraid that it would offend people who do not celebrate christmas. Everything is changing to accompany the minority and make them feel warm if it comes at the expense of tradition. **bleep**ing liberals


Message Edited by Wonder Showzen on 12-25-2006 09:22 PM

WTH???? isnt that basically what i said, why would you say merry christmas when you dont know those people because you want them to feel good and it shouldnt offend them but you wouldnt want to if it did...because happy holidays includes CHRISTMAS also so dont be a greedy P.O.S and be respectful
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/22/2005
Offline
463 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006
I personally hate the holidays, the stores are way over crowded and everyone loses their manners.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/23/2005
Offline
4613 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006


swattkidd wrote:


Wonder Showzen wrote:


swattkidd wrote:
Ok some people are here saying christmas is not the same because of political correctness THAT MAKES NO SENSE! its because you are getting older, and the only reason people should say HAPPY HOLIDAYS is because when you say Merry Christmas to someone as they walk out of a store or something, you are saying it so they can be happy and you want them to get that "warm" feeling. So if you are doing this to people you dont know and you want to give them that feeling, why dont you say Happy Holidays so you can give everyone that "warm" feeling as they walk out of the store. I dont think people should get pissed and go on strike for this kind of thing, but i mean you say those things to make people happy so make everyone happy. I can understand if you talking to friends and family than yea of course say the holiday you celebrate but dont say a specific holiday to people you dont know because....You dont know them and what holiday they celebrate. End RANT.

ps. My sig only says merry christmas because that is one character that came in a pic font package. and i celebrate it


Wrong. Wal Mart, last year, made it company policy to not use the words merry christmas in their stores or advertisements because they were afraid that it would offend people who do not celebrate christmas. Everything is changing to accompany the minority and make them feel warm if it comes at the expense of tradition. **bleep**ing liberals


Message Edited by Wonder Showzen on 12-25-2006 09:22 PM

WTH???? isnt that basically what i said, why would you say merry christmas when you dont know those people because you want them to feel good and it shouldnt offend them but you wouldnt want to if it did...because happy holidays includes CHRISTMAS also so dont be a greedy P.O.S and be respectful


How is it greedy to want to be able to say the name of my holiday? It isn't greedy for Jews to want to be able to say hanukkah, and nobody would have a problem with that, because oh no you can't offend anyone who isn't christian or doesn't celebrate Christmas. You're the exact reason for the problem of holidays and you're too stupid to see that.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/06/2005
Offline
8532 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006
i agree, i dont see why people get "offended" about Christmas. it's just a holiday, get over it. there is no need for people to go on strike, and get x-mas trees taken out of schools, and airports, bc it may offend a few people..
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/23/2004
Offline
4393 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006
I agree with you that people should stop being stupid and just say "merry christmas". but i disagree with your explanation as to why they say "happy holidays" vs. "merry christmas"
----------------------------------------------------------
"Little Miss Muffet; sat on a tuffet; eating her curds and whey; along came a spider; who sat down beside her; and frightened Miss Muffet away. Then Muffet went back; and checked her gun-rack; grabbing a .357; finding the spider; she sat dwon beside her; and blew that poor sucker to heaven."
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/11/2006
Offline
177 posts
 

Re: Wow REALLY annoying about Happy Holidays and Christmas

Dec 26, 2006


Wonder Showzen wrote:


swattkidd wrote:
Ok some people are here saying christmas is not the same because of political correctness THAT MAKES NO SENSE! its because you are getting older, and the only reason people should say HAPPY HOLIDAYS is because when you say Merry Christmas to someone as they walk out of a store or something, you are saying it so they can be happy and you want them to get that "warm" feeling. So if you are doing this to people you dont know and you want to give them that feeling, why dont you say Happy Holidays so you can give everyone that "warm" feeling as they walk out of the store. I dont think people should get pissed and go on strike for this kind of thing, but i mean you say those things to make people happy so make everyone happy. I can understand if you talking to friends and family than yea of course say the holiday you celebrate but dont say a specific holiday to people you dont know because....You dont know them and what holiday they celebrate. End RANT.

ps. My sig only says merry christmas because that is one character that came in a pic font package. and i celebrate it


Wrong. Wal Mart, last year, made it company policy to not use the words merry christmas in their stores or advertisements because they were afraid that it would offend people who do not celebrate christmas. Everything is changing to accompany the minority and make them feel warm if it comes at the expense of tradition. **bleep**ing liberals


Message Edited by Wonder Showzen on 12-25-2006 09:22 PM

I'm with you......**bleep**ing liberals ruin everything ........
Oh and by the way...don't we have freedom of speech and expression in America?


Message Edited by Merlin5505 on 12-25-2006 11:48 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes