MVP Support
39975 posts

Re: Would your parents accept you if you were gay?

Aug 16, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Off topic but brit how do you feel about me?

There are some posters, you being one, who's posts/comments I anticipate reading, sometimes I look & laugh at the screen, other times I sit there with a look of despair on my face lol, but I can always rely on you, amongst others to 'liven up' the place!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 31 of 108 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

Of course.

They have for years now. My mom told me that she may not really understand, agree with my actions, or choices.

Though she'll accept me no matter what, and my whole family has been supportive of me being gay.

I'm 22 now, and I've been out since I was about 15-16ish.

Message 32 of 108 (221 Views)
VP of Gaming
30953 posts

Aug 16, 2013

I am much more tolerant of gay people than my parents and grandmom. I'd say my Mom and Grandmom would accept me but they would be a little disappointed. My dad wouldn't. AT ALL. (Homosexuality has been frowned upon in black communities for a long time. This subject is the greatest way to find a generation gap.)

Because of the way I was raised, I grew up thinking gay people were evil "sinners" who were going to hell and due to negative experiences with gay people (I had a gay stalker from 8th grade (2005) up until last year) I was kind of scared of them. Until I got to High School. A quarter of the girls were gay, my favorite teachers were gay (One even hung a gay pride flag in front of the class), even my closest friend by senior year was gay. It was then that I realized how wrong I was and how misguided my parents were. So yes, I would love my child equally, no matter what their sexual orientaion is.

Putting religion before my family is something I don't believe in. I stopped being a "religious person" a while ago (I'm apathetically agnostic but I just say I'm Catholic for school reasons).

Message 33 of 108 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

It's good to see KZM back with the potentially destructive discussion ideas.

thats the vibe i leave around here? lol

KZMProductionsGT
Message 34 of 108 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Aug 16, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

Would your parents accept you if you were gay?

Yes.

My Dad passed away, but he was cool like that.

And so is my Mom. She shows what every parent should -- unconditional love.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 35 of 108 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Aug 16, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

This is as good a place as any for me to chime in unsolicited.  TS, I like you.  We don't always agree (although we often do), and sometimes I wish you would elaborate more, but, I respect you, and would game with you any time.

*fistbump*

To answer the OP:  In a word - YES.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 36 of 108 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Aug 16, 2013
I assume so but my grandparents are a whole different story. If I had a child who was gay I would accept them for who they are and still be involved in their life.
Message 37 of 108 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Also, this thread reminded me of this:

(Sorry for the bad quality, it's the only one on YouTube.)

rengle598 wrote:
Slightly off topic, but imagine a world where homosexuality reigns and being straight is frowned upon. Could this be society's potential far-off future?

lol, your comment reminded of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Or2lSPtszo (pardon the language)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 38 of 108 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 16, 2013

My parents would and i would accept my kid being gay.

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Whenever my mom goes on about dating some hood rat chick she tells me not to even think about bringing a man home 

I understand everything now... gotta love bad pareting.

rengle598 wrote:
Slightly off topic, but imagine a world where homosexuality reigns and being straight is frowned upon. Could this be society's potential far-off future?

eagles1990 wrote:

Because of the way I was raised, I grew up thinking gay people were evil "sinners" who were going to hell and due to negative experiences with gay people (I had a gay stalker from 8th grade (2005) up until last year) I was kind of scared of them. Until I got to High School. A quarter of the girls were gay, my favorite teachers were gay (One even hung a gay pride flag in front of the class), even my closest friend by senior year was gay. It was then that I realized how wrong I was and how misguided my parents were. So yes, I would love my child equally, no matter what their sexual orientaion is.

All this.

Sure you have to learn things from someone, but not always what they teach you is right.

Message 39 of 108 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

This is as good a place as any for me to chime in unsolicited.  TS, I like you.  We don't always agree (although we often do), and sometimes I wish you would elaborate more, but, I respect you, and would game with you any time.

*fistbump*

To answer the OP:  In a word - YES.

Oh my god I'm TS LOL. When you said it in the games night thread I'm just like "What does that mean..." But now I get it. While we're on the subject, I pretty much have the same feelings towards you. Sometimes I just can't agree with your opinions but eh, it wouldn't be a commuinty if we agreed all the time

@brit

Awwww thanks... I think Smiley Frustrated

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 40 of 108 (150 Views)
0 Likes