0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Re: Worst Systems

Jan 8, 2014

KANE-FIRE wrote:

Jaguar.

Jaguar CD!

Anyway, i never really had a bad console, and if i did i was too young to judge it, you know when you're a kid and anything is fun? Exactly, the games were terrible but i still had fun, even if i was getting my **bleep** kicked.

Message 22 of 40 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

Atari-lynx.jpeg

Message 23 of 40 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2567 posts

Jan 8, 2014
First time I got a psp, my mom got me fifa '07 or '08. I sucked so bad I never got a goal ever. In my whole time of playing it, never ever had I won a game. I liked the music tho Smiley Very Happy
Message 24 of 40 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19207 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I wasn't all that crazy about the Atari 5200 that I owned. 

The controllers were awkward, lacked durability, and I quickly ran out of quality games to play. 

Message 25 of 40 (133 Views)
Survivor
2125 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Due to the lack of backlight, it's my GBA that still works today.

Message 26 of 40 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14355 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Hermaeus_Moron wrote:

younginflavor18 wrote:

The Nintendo Virtual Boy is one of the biggest commercial gaming product failures.

I remember trying a demo machine and wondering how you could possibly be expected to have any fun with it.  To this day I've never spoken to anybody irl who owned one (or will admit to it, anyways).

Not to mention the black and red screen in the games can cause you some eye strain.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 27 of 40 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Vita. Every games are touchscreen and hardly use traditional buttons.

I won't list GB and GBA as worst because I played them at that time. The lack of backlit means that you can only play on daylight which is fine than spending overnight Smiley Very Happy

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 28 of 40 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Even though i still liked it my worst console owned was the Atari Jaguar...it was supposed to be the N64 killer but barely looked better than it's predecessors. If not for the Alien vs Predator and Wolfenstein game it released it would have been a worse disaster than it was.

Proud owner of Xbox 360/Xbox One, PS3 and
Intellivision
PSN:YellowJacket_LE2/XBL:YellowJacket LE

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 29 of 40 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Out of all the systems I've had a fair deal of use from over the years, my least favorite ones would have to be the following:

Nintendo 64 - Didn't like the controller nor the majority of the games available. Moving on from the memorable Donkey Kong Country series to the mediocrity of titles like GoldenEye 007, I was one of the few people pleased with what Rare had on offer in this time.

Nintendo Wii - Much the same as the Nintendo 64 before it, the controller is awful. Uncomfortable to hold and to use in action, the worst part about it though is again the majority of games that piled up on the system. I've definitely played some stellar games here, but there was a lot that I didn't like... which would include the supposedly "free" pack-in, Wii Sports.

Game Boy Advance - As others have noted, the Game Boy Advance didn't do Nintendo justice either. The handheld launched once again without a backlight. Having suffered with this during the Game Boy era, at least the device had some terrific games to try and adjust to the glare of a lamp hanging overhead. But if you're still doing this ten years later while trying to enjoy the latest from Mario Kart and F-Zero, it's just not something to commend.

Xbox 360 - I'm not a fan of the original Xbox so much either, but it's kind of hard to choose which one is less impressive. The Xbox 360 though is the only one that died on me multiple times in a very short span. Send it in, it ships back still broken. This was not fun. The majority of the games I've played weren't stellar either. Much like the original Xbox, there's really only one or more games I was extremely satisfied with.

PlayStation Portable - Though I'm not seeing myself as a big fan of the Vita so far, the PlayStation Portable is the only one that I've used for at least a year or more. For the most part there wasn't many excellent games I've played. Even some of the fan favorites didn't turn out to be so good, like Patapon. Not to mention, playing God of War: Chains of Olympus was highly uncomfortable during those quick-time events with that nub.

PlayStation 4 - Just thought I'd toss this in there as well. We all knew that greatness would probably to wait until 2014 or 2015 at the earliest, but the reality of course is that it still hasn't arrived. There's definitely games out there to play, though out of all the exclusives offered so far only one really stands out for me. The greatest strength of any video game hardware stems from its software lineup. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 40 (79 Views)
0 Likes