Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
5704 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

Amen, wow sucks.  I played a free trial a few years ago.  I think I chose an elf or something.  I was doing some quest that had me walking back and forth in the forest or something.  I leveled up to level 2 or 3 I think and stopped.  Asked myself "Why do people like this? And why am I playing this right now?"  I played for only 30 minutes or so.

 

I quitted ever since.  I just don't have the patience for grinding and doing the same thing over and over. Pointing and clicking was boring to me lol.


I played since 2005 sadly when they first started.. Spent so much time into that game and now it's just utter garbage.. All they focus on is pokemon pet battles.. and you get free gear at level 90 well not technically free but the leveling is super easy now... I am going to concentrate on the PS4 when it arrives in my house hehe

 photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 11 of 34 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/12/2009
Online
9685 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Never tried it. The only MMO I played was Runescape back in 2006/2007. I got kind of addicted, so I never ventured into other MMOs. 


Runescape was the only MMO that gave me a reason to go back to it. At some point I was playing 7-8 hours a day after school back in Grade 7 & 8, I would even stay up all night just skilling and completing quests.  Once they decided to ruin the game in December of 07, I stopped playing.

 

 

Message 12 of 34 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
5704 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

What about Ultima Online? Ever played that? That was the best MMORPG game ever created in my opinion.. You had houses and pvp in houses was amazing. And you can customize the house

 photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 13 of 34 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/29/2009
Online
1616 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

WOW was really fun for the time  I played. Met a lot of people and put a ton of hours of gameplay. Purchased the latest expansion and played for a few months then decided to hang it up. Ive grown out of the game and didnt like where it was heading with the future patches, nerfs, ect.  *just me, everyone is different*

 

For anyone looking to try something new, give it a shot. It is a very fun game.

Message 14 of 34 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/29/2009
Online
1616 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

Amen, wow sucks.  I played a free trial a few years ago.  I think I chose an elf or something.  I was doing some quest that had me walking back and forth in the forest or something.  I leveled up to level 2 or 3 I think and stopped.  Asked myself "Why do people like this? And why am I playing this right now?"  I played for only 30 minutes or so.

 

I quitted ever since.  I just don't have the patience for grinding and doing the same thing over and over. Pointing and clicking was boring to me lol.


I use to think like this about games. Not really actually giving it a shot before giving up. You played trial also, not having access to everything.  Warcraft is a endgame MMO. You will get full experience when you level cap. But as you stated, games like this just takes grinding and patience. Needs mental discipline.

Message 15 of 34 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
3659 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013
What happened in Runescape on December 2007? I quit early 2007 do I missed it.
Message 16 of 34 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
464 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

I used to play WOW all the time, but even before I lost my job I had to focus on other things for my money to be spent on. Mostly my health and the medicines I needed. So I quit WoW not because I didn't like it, I loved it, I just couldn't do the $15 a month thing anymore. And when I did have extra money to spend I'd used it on my other hobbies, books, movies, music (yes I buy the physical copies of all those, I really don't like digital, unless it's the only way to get something), my collecting Monopoly games (I have over 40 of them and my collecting is on hold until I can get a job) and of course my console gaming. But that was only if I had extra money after bills, food, rent and such.

 photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 17 of 34 (67 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Online
4798 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013


ChangeDaBullets wrote:

What about Ultima Online? Ever played that? That was the best MMORPG game ever created in my opinion.. You had houses and pvp in houses was amazing. And you can customize the house


UO was not without problems, pvp was the cause of lots of griefing as higher level player would just kill new people and people without gear.

Message 18 of 34 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

Is this in any relation to Activision buying back controlling shares of Blizzard?  I read about it in the WSJ.

 

Looks like Activision is trying to amp up for the next gen consoles fight, and keep a stake in online PC gaming as well.

 

Just the same, LMFAO, WoW... MEH!

 

Moble

Message 19 of 34 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
5704 posts
 

Re: World of warcraft sucks

Aug 1, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

 


ChangeDaBullets wrote:

What about Ultima Online? Ever played that? That was the best MMORPG game ever created in my opinion.. You had houses and pvp in houses was amazing. And you can customize the house


UO was not without problems, pvp was the cause of lots of griefing as higher level player would just kill new people and people without gear.


But that was the beauty of the game.. People go red and then everyone runs to the guard zone spamming guards guards guards and watching everyone die.. That made me lol so hard. Even I died in guard zone good times.. I remember when they had a hack well not really a hack but a HUGE glitch in the game where nobody could kill me only spell casters could like I even ran around naked in the game witha  shield on i lol'd..

 photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 20 of 34 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes