rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Or you get a government job...

LOL

Or you get a degree and go in higher up at a corporation...

Meh, not a guarantee anymore

Or you start a small business that does not compete with WalMart

Failure rate is extremely high regardless of Walmart

Voila.

The key to sucess, is doing what you like, and living within your means. Something "sucking" is a matter of perspective.

Failure rate of small business means very little. That is like a failure rate on a test. It just tells you that a lot failed. Not that the lot studied. Or, in this example, thought of and ran a good business. 

A government job is where it's at. Pension, job security, benefits, etc. 

My thoughts jumped to politician when you said government job, so I decided to troll it, but yes, you're right.

Small businesses failing though is a little bit more of an indication of risk similar to how many people failed a test. I think it applies. Restaurants in particular are notorious for having a high failure rate.

Restaurants only survive if they fill a demand. A new pizza place is less likely to live than a city's first Chinese food restaurant.

I beg to differ. Pizza > Chinese Food. That was a horrible example, now carry on with your debate.

No it was a good one. You like pizza more, thats fine. But thats an opinion. If a city is dominated by pizza places, and suddenly a decent Chinese restaurant comes in, it is almost guaranteed to survive... especially if it's americanized, which is what most of it is.

Exactly. And Rengle assumes that people do not buy both. I do not want pizza every night. I would love to change it up. And Chinese food fills that void.

(Sadly, I cannot eat pizza...Chinese food fills that void enough)

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 48 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3510 posts

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 4, 2013
I'll choose Chinese food over pizza any day. Actually, I choose most Asian foods over pizza.

I love sushi. And rice. And spring rolls. *begins to drool*
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 48 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

LOL

Voila.

The key to sucess, is doing what you like, and living within your means. Something "sucking" is a matter of perspective.

Failure rate of small business means very little. That is like a failure rate on a test. It just tells you that a lot failed. Not that the lot studied. Or, in this example, thought of and ran a good business. 

My thoughts jumped to politician when you said government job, so I decided to troll it, but yes, you're right.

Small businesses failing though is a little bit more of an indication of risk similar to how many people failed a test. I think it applies. Restaurants in particular are notorious for having a high failure rate.

Restaurants only survive if they fill a demand. A new pizza place is less likely to live than a city's first Chinese food restaurant.

I beg to differ. Pizza > Chinese Food. That was a horrible example, now carry on with your debate.

No it was a good one. You like pizza more, thats fine. But thats an opinion. If a city is dominated by pizza places, and suddenly a decent Chinese restaurant comes in, it is almost guaranteed to survive... especially if it's americanized, which is what most of it is.

Exactly. And Rengle assumes that people do not buy both. I do not want pizza every night. I would love to change it up. And Chinese food fills that void.

Don't make me change this into an argument about how pizza is the god of all food and that the majority of people prefer pizza to chinese food. Because I will, and it will be the only forum debate I will ever win. Don't taunt me bro.

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 48 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11873 posts

Nov 4, 2013

userusb wrote:
I'll choose Chinese food over pizza any day. Actually, I choose most Asian foods over pizza.

I love sushi. And rice. And spring rolls. *begins to drool*

Even after my month-long chicken and rice diet, I cannot get enough rice. Especially Jasmine rice. Yummm

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 48 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14279 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

LOL

Voila.

Don't make me change this into an argument about how pizza is the god of all food and that the majority of people prefer pizza to chinese food. Because I will, and it will be the only forum debate I will ever win. Don't taunt me bro.

Lol, go forth young rengle, and show us the  statistics on a completely obscure comparison. And even if by some act of God you prove your point, It doesn't effect the analogy.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 48 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11873 posts

Nov 4, 2013

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

LOL

Voila.

But that is not my point. Regardless of the fact people like pizza more on average, people will not only eat pizza. People like variation in their meals. And Chinese food offers that. And opening a pizza place in a city full of them is not good unless you have a nice gimmick. The market is split between a ton of restaurants whereas the market for Chinese food is held by one restaurant. Who will survive?

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 48 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Nov 4, 2013

userusb wrote:

XD

LOL. Just kidding though, you're still my bro. :smileywink:

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 48 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3856 posts

Nov 4, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 48 (41 Views)
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Nov 4, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

LOL

Voila.

But that is not my point. Regardless of the fact people like pizza more on average, people will not only eat pizza. People like variation in their meals, and Chinese food offers that. And opening a pizza place in a city full of them is not good unless you have a nice gimmick. The market is split between a ton of restaurants whereas the market for Chinese food is held by one restaurant. Who will survive?

First off, people COULD eat only pizza. There's no law against it and it is scientifically possible.

Secondly, if there is a single pizza place in a town full of chinese food, do you not think that people who are absolutely sick of chinese food will swap to pizza, as well as some people who just want a combination of both? If you open a pizza restraunt in a town full of chinese restraunts, the pizza restraunt is likely to do some of the other chinese restraunts out of business as a result of being something new and refreshing. Don't tell me you wouldn't give that pizza place a try if you lived there your whole life and rarely ever have anything other than chinese. You would at least try it once, and if you liked it, you would keep coming back.

Driving.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 48 (39 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14279 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

LOL

Voila.

But that is not my point. Regardless of the fact people like pizza more on average, people will not only eat pizza. People like variation in their meals, and Chinese food offers that. And opening a pizza place in a city full of them is not good unless you have a nice gimmick. The market is split between a ton of restaurants whereas the market for Chinese food is held by one restaurant. Who will survive?

First off, people COULD eat only pizza. There's no law against it and it is scientifically possible.

Secondly, if there is a single pizza place in a town full of chinese food, do you not think that people who are absolutely sick of chinese food will swap to pizza, as well as some people who just want a combination of both? If you open a pizza restraunt in a town full of chinese restraunts, the pizza restraunt is likely to do some of the other chinese restraunts out of business as a result of being something new and refreshing. Don't tell me you wouldn't give that pizza place a try if you lived there your whole life and rarely ever have anything other than chinese. You would at least try it once, and if you liked it, you would keep coming back.

You just proved our original point. GG

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 48 (33 Views)
0 Likes