Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Or you get a government job... lol, no

 

Or you get a degree and go in higher up at a corporation...  fail on my part

 

Or you start a small business that does not compete with WalMart    CHECK!

 

Voila.

 


Finding a job is difficult in this economy where the employers are looking really more for skilled workers rather than those who struggle to keep a job and looking to settle down to a long term plan.

Starting a business is the most difficult in the first year because you are trying to find good prices to sell your products or services at a price where you can stay busy and have a steady income without ever worrying about your boss firing you when you are your own boss.


Hey now! Just because you don't agree with the bureaucracy does not mean it isn't a viable career Smiley Tongue


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 48 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 05/09/2005
Online
19099 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Or you get a government job... lol, no

 

Or you get a degree and go in higher up at a corporation...  fail on my part

 

Or you start a small business that does not compete with WalMart    CHECK!

 

Voila.

 


Finding a job is difficult in this economy where the employers are looking really more for skilled workers rather than those who struggle to keep a job and looking to settle down to a long term plan.

Starting a business is the most difficult in the first year because you are trying to find good prices to sell your products or services at a price where you can stay busy and have a steady income without ever worrying about your boss firing you when you are your own boss.


Hey now! Just because you don't agree with the bureaucracy does not mean it isn't a viable career Smiley Tongue


You never know if its viable or not if you don't start one of your own.

There's always a chance that a business you can start would end up being a hugely successful one at that.

 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 12 of 48 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
3220 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Or you get a government job... lol, no

 

Or you get a degree and go in higher up at a corporation...  fail on my part

 

Or you start a small business that does not compete with WalMart    CHECK!

 

Voila.

 


Finding a job is difficult in this economy where the employers are looking really more for skilled workers rather than those who struggle to keep a job and looking to settle down to a long term plan.

Starting a business is the most difficult in the first year because you are trying to find good prices to sell your products or services at a price where you can stay busy and have a steady income without ever worrying about your boss firing you when you are your own boss.


Like I posted before you are still working for someone. But the question is can you work for yourself ?

Message 13 of 48 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Or you get a government job... lol, no

 

Or you get a degree and go in higher up at a corporation...  fail on my part

 

Or you start a small business that does not compete with WalMart    CHECK!

 

Voila.

 


Finding a job is difficult in this economy where the employers are looking really more for skilled workers rather than those who struggle to keep a job and looking to settle down to a long term plan.

Starting a business is the most difficult in the first year because you are trying to find good prices to sell your products or services at a price where you can stay busy and have a steady income without ever worrying about your boss firing you when you are your own boss.


Hey now! Just because you don't agree with the bureaucracy does not mean it isn't a viable career Smiley Tongue


You never know if its viable or not if you don't start one of your own.

There's always a chance that a business you can start would end up being a hugely successful one at that.


True true. I think a government job is more of a safe endeavor, though. Your own business is a huge risk with possibles rewards that definitely beat any job you can get in the public or private sectors. But the question is: Is it worth it? Maybe. Depends on the small business and depends on your ability. Sadly, many people underestimate or overestimate their ability and their businesses do not last.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 14 of 48 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14623 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

I like how the OP is just ranting without any actual point to address. 

 

"I don't want to be part of a disgusting capitalist company"

 

More small businesses does not equal a better job market. It is quality over quanitity. 

 

Should another pizza place open up? Or a small, organic grocery store? Well, the store fills a niche. The pizza place can hardly distinguish itself from the one down the road. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 15 of 48 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 10/01/2008
Online
9590 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

Of course working at a job has always been that way. Having to work at a job is not fun or easy, that is why THEY PAY YOU TO DO IT. If a job was easy and fun to do, YOU WOULD PAY THEM TO DO IT.

 

Capt._Obvious.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 16 of 48 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37636 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

i actually worked for a small company not major at all and they treated me like crap


Message 17 of 48 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/06/2011
Offline
458 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

bob-maul wrote:

I like how the OP is just ranting without any actual point to address. 

 

"I don't want to be part of a disgusting capitalist company"

 

More small businesses does not equal a better job market. It is quality over quanitity. 

 

Should another pizza place open up? Or a small, organic grocery store? Well, the store fills a niche. The pizza place can hardly distinguish itself from the one down the road. 


Shaddup. Smart people are talking.

Complete global saturation.
Message 18 of 48 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
4354 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

KIoey wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I like how the OP is just ranting without any actual point to address. 

 

"I don't want to be part of a disgusting capitalist company"

 

More small businesses does not equal a better job market. It is quality over quanitity. 

 

Should another pizza place open up? Or a small, organic grocery store? Well, the store fills a niche. The pizza place can hardly distinguish itself from the one down the road. 


Shaddup. Smart people are talking.


ted

Message 19 of 48 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13654 posts
 

Re: Working anywhere sucks now.

Nov 3, 2013

Smart people are always talking.......

 


But here we are typing, so it's okay Smiley Very Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 48 (61 Views)