Reply
Jan 22 2007
By: ThePeacemaker02 Treasure Hunter 8950 posts
Offline

Windows Vista clean install

7 replies 4 views Edited Jan 22, 2007
If I install it clean will it delete all my drivers?
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 1 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/30/2005
Offline
8935 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007
It will delete everything....so yes, it will delete your drivers. It should just re-download most of the drivers itself after Vista is installed.


Message Edited by SPARTEN II on 01-22-2007 03:51 PM
Message 2 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
10837 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007
I thought it wasnt out yet?
Message 3 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2005
Offline
8793 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007
Everything will be gone! But, it does have alot of drivers from my use of it. So it should be ok.
Message 4 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/30/2005
Offline
8950 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007


SPARTEN II wrote:
It will delete everything....so yes, it will delete your drivers. It should just re-download most of the drivers itself after Vista is installed.


Message Edited by SPARTEN II on 01-22-2007 03:51 PM

Ok thanks, I still have the CD that came with mycomputer with all the drivers on it. 
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 5 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/30/2005
Offline
8935 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007


TJ32 wrote:


SPARTEN II wrote:
It will delete everything....so yes, it will delete your drivers. It should just re-download most of the drivers itself after Vista is installed.


Message Edited by SPARTEN II on 01-22-2007 03:51 PM

Ok thanks, I still have the CD that came with mycomputer with all the drivers on it. 


That should have everything you need.

Any drivers that Vista needs (thats not on the cd) will probably be downloaded automatically by Vista from Windows Update.
Message 6 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/07/2005
Offline
1441 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007


SPARTEN II wrote:


TJ32 wrote:


SPARTEN II wrote:
It will delete everything....so yes, it will delete your drivers. It should just re-download most of the drivers itself after Vista is installed.


Message Edited by SPARTEN II on 01-22-2007 03:51 PM

Ok thanks, I still have the CD that came with mycomputer with all the drivers on it. 


That should have everything you need.

Any drivers that Vista needs (thats not on the cd) will probably be downloaded automatically by Vista from Windows Update.


I would be careful using drives made for XP.  I installed the XP drivers for my video card in Vista (so I could use OpenGL) and after that Vista refused to start, I had to format my HDD Just so you know, Vista has a very noticeable affect on games.  You will most likely have to lower your graphics settings significantly to get performance comparable to what you get in XP.


Message 7 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 12/04/2005
Offline
9674 posts
 

Re: Windows Vista clean install

Jan 22, 2007


*EDog046* wrote:


SPARTEN II wrote:


TJ32 wrote:


SPARTEN II wrote:
It will delete everything....so yes, it will delete your drivers. It should just re-download most of the drivers itself after Vista is installed.


Message Edited by SPARTEN II on 01-22-2007 03:51 PM

Ok thanks, I still have the CD that came with mycomputer with all the drivers on it. 


That should have everything you need.

Any drivers that Vista needs (thats not on the cd) will probably be downloaded automatically by Vista from Windows Update.


I would be careful using drives made for XP.  I installed the XP drivers for my video card in Vista (so I could use OpenGL) and after that Vista refused to start, I had to format my HDD Just so you know, Vista has a very noticeable affect on games.  You will most likely have to lower your graphics settings significantly to get performance comparable to what you get in XP.


thats because vista is a system resource hog. some top brass guy somehwere said that vista is terrible forgaming unless you have a very high end pc as of now. because it takes up all the ram and cpu time and whatnot




Message Edited by Masta Squidge on 01-22-2007 01:10 PM
Message 8 of 8 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes