I Only Post Everything
1175 posts

Re: Will it be possible for me to hook this TV up to my stereo?

Nov 24, 2006

bubba132 wrote:

holla812 wrote:
Well a few of my devices use composite video (red, yellow, white) and im worried that they will take up all of the composite inputs, therefore not allowing me to use them with my stereo.

O.o.  He's gotta point.  What if he has a dvd player or something that will use all of the composite slots?

theres tons of of A/V Receivers out there that will take in a bunch of different sources and then output on ONE source.
Message 10 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Nov 24, 2006

Da_Producer wrote:

canadaeh wrote:
looks to my like the only audio output is a headphone jack, so you would have to use computer speakers, or you could use your stereo if it has a microphone input.

are u serious? are u blind?

yea i guess i must be blind ?
Message 11 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8557 posts

Nov 24, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:
looks to my like the only audio output is a headphone jack, so you would have to use computer speakers, or you could use your stereo if it has a microphone input.

Isnt there some kind of box thing that will give you more composite inputs by using the exsisting input.

yes but that is to input audio, you want to OUTPUT audio from the monitor to a stereo.

I thought you could use the red and white inputs on the composite inputs on the tv to output sound to a stereo using RCA cables.

|My Gaming Set-up| |GO CARDS, CAVS, & COWBOYS!|Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7526 posts

Nov 24, 2006
Holla, just an fyi, that monitor is great, but the built in speakers are GOD AFUL!!! lol

Message Edited by PSP250 on 11-23-2006 08:17 PM
Message 13 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8557 posts

Nov 24, 2006

PSP250 wrote:
Holla, just an fyi, that monitor is great, but the built in speakers are GOD AFUL!!! lol

Message Edited by PSP250 on 11-23-2006 08:17 PM

That's why I wanna hook it to my stereo.
|My Gaming Set-up| |GO CARDS, CAVS, & COWBOYS!|Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Nov 24, 2006

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

Isnt there some kind of box thing that will give you more composite inputs by using the exsisting input.

yes but that is to input audio, you want to OUTPUT audio from the monitor to a stereo.

I thought you could use the red and white inputs on the composite inputs on the tv to output sound to a stereo using RCA cables.

depending what your hooking up, you could hook up your device directly to you stereo and not use the t.v. speakers.
Message 15 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8557 posts

Nov 24, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

depending what your hooking up, you could hook up your device directly to you stereo and not use the t.v. speakers.

What exactally do I need to buy to get more out of that one composite input?  Like something to give me multible ports/
Message 16 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Nov 24, 2006

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

holla812 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

What exactally do I need to buy to get more out of that one composite input?  Like something to give me multible ports/

to hook up multiple devices, just buy a composite switch box.
Message 17 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8557 posts

Nov 24, 2006
I should be able to use one of the inputs for the red and white rca cable that I will connect to my stereo in order to make the sound output to the stereo.  With a video switch box.
Message 18 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8557 posts

Nov 24, 2006
Would this work canadaeh?  I use the red and white inputs (composite) and connect them to my stereo using a rca cable and just connect the yellow jack from my dvd player to my tv.  Would that give me video to my tv and sound to my stereo.
Message 19 of 26 (0 Views)
0 Likes