Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 10 2013
By: Deadly_Rabbit123 Uncharted Territory 1868 posts

Will consoles still exists 10 years from now?

10 replies 95 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

I've always wondered that, Honestly I hate playing hardcore games on a tablet. Would much rather play on a pc and console

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Re: Will consoles still exists 10 years from now?

Apr 10, 2013

why wouldnt they exist?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (94 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5911 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Yes, for sure......wait a minute, no way......wait a minute, yes for sure......wait a minute, no way........

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1420 posts

Apr 10, 2013

are they all going to magically vanish from the universe in 10 years? Of course they will be around. Console gaming is a big market

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18458 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I personally don't see consoles fading out anytime soon. Consoles are a great form of entertainment and are huge selling points.

I doubt that they'll be gone within 10 years.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5514 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I'm sorry but this is a stupid question. You seriously think people would still play video games in 2023? :smileytongue:

No wise-**bleep** replies ty.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11066 posts

Apr 10, 2013

If Sony's gong to market the PlayStation 4 like they have their other consoles, then we should expect at least a ten-year life span for the system. The PlayStation was still selling around a decade after its premiere. The same went for the PlayStation 2. People today still play PlayStation originals. They still play PlayStation 2. We're still playing our PlayStation 3s, and it seems we'll be doing that for awhile.

There's many reasons to get your game on the PlayStation 3 this year, but there'll probably also be reason to hop on board the PlayStation 4 later if not sooner. Being a console gamer all my life, I'm going to stay with it as long as there are reasons to keep moving along. If the PlayStation 4 is able to bait us then Sony will surely try again with a PlayStation 5. Come to think of it however, we've already been given a glimpse into the mind-bending world of PlayStation 9. Building towards that, will this be a home console experience or a reality-based simulator?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (61 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
767 posts

Apr 10, 2013
i don't think so. i think everything will be done online. i think that our interaction with playstation as an example will be like this. you see a commercial for a game you want to play. you look it up on your phone and buy it. then when you get home you turn on your entertainment system which has some kind of emulator on it be it playstation xbox apple nintendo or whoever's in the game business. and play your game. these emulators are essentially a console with no hardware and you either rent them or pay a larger fee up front to own them. this saves money and is super convenient for gamers.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 10, 2013
No lauren, I think online gaming will be bigger than ever in ten years. People love it now, but wait, in a decade see how much we can do with online gaming. It's only going to get more popular.

What are you talking about with emulators? Buy a PC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (55 Views)
Last Guardian
11095 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I think so. Money makes the impossible possible.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (47 Views)
0 Likes