Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Re: Wii launch quantity

Nov 24, 2006

GunnerZer0 wrote:
Nintendo shipped 4 million units, it's doubtful that they all sold on launch day and nexgenwars is very inaccurate from what I've heard.

If that would be true, stores would receive daily shipments of Wii. My BestBuy received a few late Tuesday and were all sold Wednesday in the morning. Hopefully, they received more tonight and will be avalaible tomorrow morning

Message 11 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2108 posts

Nov 24, 2006

SlyTheBoss wrote:

GunnerZer0 wrote:
Nintendo shipped 4 million units, it's doubtful that they all sold on launch day and nexgenwars is very inaccurate from what I've heard.

If that would be true, stores would receive daily shipments of Wii. My BestBuy received a few late Tuesday and were all sold Wednesday in the morning. Hopefully, they received more tonight and will be avalaible tomorrow morning

It's probably 4 million for the launch window, I dunno how long that is after the actual launch. But I still stand by the fact that NGW is inaccurate. Where do they get their figures from? They would have to be connected to every major retailer and have access to their records. To me it looks like a very unofficial site so I doubt that's true.

Edit: Check IGN for the article about the 4 million thing.

Message Edited by GunnerZer0 on 11-23-2006 08:40 PM
Myspace - myspace.com/jakeisfrigginawesome
Message 12 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Nov 24, 2006

thatonekid393 wrote:

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
The number of PS3s at launch was decreased to 200,000.

I thought it was 400,000....I heard that from 2 different magazines.

That was the original plan but from what it seems, only 200,000 where shipped. They concluded to this amount since stores were unable to fulfill their preorder. From what I understood, store headquarters  where told by Sony how many they would received and went with that for the number of preorders they would take. Since Sony didn't deliver, they got stock with preorders they couldn't fulfill.

Anyway, this thread is about the Wii launch quantity, not the PS3
Message 13 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Nov 24, 2006

GunnerZer0 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

GunnerZer0 wrote:

It's probably 4 million for the launch window, I dunno how long that is after the actual launch. But I still stand by the fact that NGW is inaccurate. Where do they get their figures from? They would have to be connected to every major retailer and have access to their records. To me it looks like a very unofficial site so I doubt that's true.

Edit: Check IGN for the article about the 4 million thing.

Message Edited by GunnerZer0 on 11-23-2006 08:40 PM

They go with published result. I don't think they are privy to any private data.
Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Nov 24, 2006
Wii had something like 700,000 last sunday, and 4 mill by the end of the launch window (new years eve). Even if there wasen't as much hype for Nintendo's machine there was more software sales. For each PS3 sold 1.5 games where sold for it, for each wii that was sold 3 games where purchased for it.
Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Nov 24, 2006

tommylink wrote:
Wii had something like 700,000 last sunday, and 4 mill by the end of the launch window (new years eve). Even if there wasen't as much hype for Nintendo's machine there was more software sales. For each PS3 sold 1.5 games where sold for it, for each wii that was sold 3 games where purchased for it.

That surprised me since the Wii already came with 5 sport games...
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Nov 24, 2006

SlyTheBoss wrote:

tommylink wrote:

That surprised me since the Wii already came with 5 sport games...

Yeah, me too. Nintendo is not known for producing good sports games, but I think they're making a step in the right direction.:smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes