Fender Bender
3317 posts

Re: Wii U: Not dead yet?

May 28, 2013

GameGal123 wrote:

Compare the Wii U to the Xbox One and you'll see that one is consumer/gamer friendly and the other is anti-consumer.Plain and simple.I believe it'll start selling more when they lower the price of the console and add new games.

Also about the lack of games currently available,everyone seems to forget the LOADS of games available through the Virtual Console and Wiiware.Of course many of the latter aren't that great,but you can't beat old-school Mario. Smiley Very Happy

Finally someone I can agree with. Just because a system has certain games and early DLC for the most popular shooter doesn't mean it'll succeed.

And about the lack of games, right now the only game available right now that makes me want a Wii U is Monster Hunter 3 (I hear it's much better than the Wii version, and the 3DS version doesn't have online multiplayer). I know that Nintendo can't constantly release games, and while I understand they like to take their time with them (remember how long it took them to finish Brawl?), if they want to have a better chance of succeeding, they need to release them as soon as possible. I do think the Wii U will have SOME 3rd Party games (some people exaggerate the support that the GameCube and Wii had), but like past Nintendo consoles, it will MOST LIKELY miss out on MANY. As a gamer who plans on owning both a Wii U and a PS4, this does not concern me as much as others (I played Wii for the exclusives and PS3 for everything else).

And yeah, I like classic Mario, Mega Man, Castlevania, etc., but I already have past releases. I am excited for EarthBound, though.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 11 of 17 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6899 posts

May 28, 2013

Here's the thing with Nintendo, they're chances of success for 2013 is destroyed since they're playing it safe at E3 this year. Let's hope they improve in 2014.

Message 12 of 17 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3317 posts

May 28, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

Here's the thing with Nintendo, they're chances of success for 2013 is destroyed since they're playing it safe at E3 this year. Let's hope they improve in 2014.

They really screwed up with that one. What was going through their minds? They need to drag peoples' attention AWAY from the PS4 (and to an extent, the Xbox One).

Message 13 of 17 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6899 posts

May 28, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

They really screwed up with that one. What was going through their minds? They need to drag peoples' attention AWAY from the PS4 (and to an extent, the Xbox One).

Sony is already at the home stretch. The biggest disappointment so far is the lack of backwards compatability (no strings attached). Other than tha, it looks like Sony is going to take the first lead in the new console war.

Message 14 of 17 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3317 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

Sony is already at the home stretch. The biggest disappointment so far is the lack of backwards compatability (no strings attached). Other than tha, it looks like Sony is going to take the first lead in the new console war.

It looks like it so far. Let's hope it's not too expensive. $399 is acceptable. If it's any higher, then they screwed up.

I'm ready for E3!

Message 15 of 17 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13092 posts

May 28, 2013
Well a new zelda game and super smash bro will give the wii u a lil spark....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 16 of 17 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

May 28, 2013

tumblr_mnf5wdkH341qf7e9fo1_500.jpg

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 17 of 17 (342 Views)