Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Re: Why is the playstation community so rude?

Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

Really see how people are she is calling this thread a troll thread. This my point why do gamers on here make gamers experiences terrible.

1) Your OP (and posts, really) is not helping you at all. Its like walking into a bar and yelling at everyone for drinking alcohol, then expecting people there to treat you nicely...

2) You still haven't linked any threads...

Message 21 of 131 (155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

Really see how people are she is calling this thread a troll thread. This my point why do gamers on here make gamers experiences terrible.

Hey there, I can see why you might feel the way that you do, but, at the same time, there are several lovey-dovey community threads right here in Off-Topic.  We are encourging you to look into the forum BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO STAY.

Believe me, if you weren't welcome, we'd have told you. Smiley Wink

Yes, sarcasm runs rampant around here, but so does compassion and good humor.  Stick around, and I promise you'll see it.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 22 of 131 (153 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

A lot of questions can be solved by using the search function. But other than that this forum is one of the friendliest I've been on.

There is that too.

Although as long as we don't have a dozen "girl gamer" threads on the front page again an occasional misuse is OK. Still need to remind newbies that there is, in fact, a search function from time to time.

Yeah, I even went to far as to create a meme for it:

Next time

Are you kiding me you are the type of person that makes theses threads seem troll threads. Also stop saying use the search function if wanted to use it I would have.

Another 2-part post, yay!

1) The "use the search function" was not directed at you at all. Read the thread again and you will see that.

2) Yes, you should definitely use the search function first. Cluttering the front page with a topic that is really common and has been answered numerous times already is, well...spam. And people don't like spam (except for this one). Its a curtisy to the other posters to not create what essentially are useless threads.

And its even worse when a thread on the topic is already on the front page...if you make a second you will get trolled because you didn't scroll down a little...

Message 23 of 131 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Jul 26, 2013

First off, welcome to the forums, DemonicAgentX. Smiley Happy   I'm sorry to hear your experience has been so terrible thus far.

With those pleasantries taken care off, let me say that if you aren't a troll, then you jump to conclusions way too quickly. I mean, at most you've been on these forums for a day and I'm guessing that the actually number is probably under an hour. 

Message 24 of 131 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38516 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community!

As an MVP, actually scrub that, everyone here should in some way be concerned that your experience here so far, which you have to admit is very limited, has been a 'bad' one, but even when asked you have failed to supply any actual experiences of this 'bad attitude' or 'trolling' that you said was in 'All of the Threads you went to'.

I'm not trying to be 'hard' on you, but come to us with some examples & we'll happily discuss it with you, until then I can only think that perhaps you may not be used to these Forum & the people who use them.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 25 of 131 (134 Views)
Platinum
54300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

I have been apart of the Nintendo and Xbox community they have awesome players in their forums. I just bought a ps3 and signed up and went on the playstation forums. I didn't like what I have seen. Players on here would ask the simplest of questions and be trampled by tons of negative comments. What also makes it worse is when people get sarcastic opinions or answers to their comments and I don't think thats fair really. I feel that this one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I'm just stating my opinion if you guys think this not true just post comment to tell me why. All in all this community is the most negative forum I ever been on and I hope it changes.

Sure I've run into that negative stuff here, and on every forum, but in the long run I think you'll find this is one of the better forums out there.  

Overall the people here are more helpful and willing to answer questions then other places.

Do you have any examples, links to posts, of the behavior you don't like?   In the uppr right of every post there is a pulldown menu, select "highlight" and then cut the adress from your browser and post it here so we can see what you are specifically reacting to.

Message 26 of 131 (126 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 26, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

DemonicAgentX wrote:

I have been apart of the Nintendo and Xbox community they have awesome players in their forums. I just bought a ps3 and signed up and went on the playstation forums. I didn't like what I have seen. Players on here would ask the simplest of questions and be trampled by tons of negative comments. What also makes it worse is when people get sarcastic opinions or answers to their comments and I don't think thats fair really. I feel that this one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I'm just stating my opinion if you guys think this not true just post comment to tell me why. All in all this community is the most negative forum I ever been on and I hope it changes.

Sure I've run into that negative stuff here, and on every forum, but in the long run I think you'll find this is one of the better forums out there.  

Overall the people here are more helpful and willing to answer questions then other places.

Do you have any examples, links to posts, of the behavior you don't like?   In the uppor right of every post there is a pulldown menu, select "highlight this post" and then cut the adress from your browser and post it here so we can see what you are specifically reacting to.

Congrats OP! You now have a thread where Pilgrim posted in and didn't read the entire thread first!

Seriously Pilgrim...seriously...why??? Haven't we talked about this before?

(and OP, you will see people making jokes with each other a ton. That's what happens with certain groups and all)

Message 27 of 131 (115 Views)
Platinum
54300 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I'm in tab mode phoenix, waiting for BF3 to install lol. Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 131 (111 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 26, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

DemonicAgentX wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

A lot of questions can be solved by using the search function. But other than that this forum is one of the friendliest I've been on.

There is that too.

Although as long as we don't have a dozen "girl gamer" threads on the front page again an occasional misuse is OK. Still need to remind newbies that there is, in fact, a search function from time to time.

Yeah, I even went to far as to create a meme for it:

Next time

Are you kiding me you are the type of person that makes theses threads seem troll threads. Also stop saying use the search function if wanted to use it I would have.

Another 2-part post, yay!

1) The "use the search function" was not directed at you at all. Read the thread again and you will see that.

2) Yes, you should definitely use the search function first. Cluttering the front page with a topic that is really common and has been answered numerous times already is, well...spam. And people don't like spam (except for this one). Its a curtisy to the other posters to not create what essentially are useless threads.

And its even worse when a thread on the topic is already on the front page...if you make a second you will get trolled because you didn't scroll down a little...

Ok this the worst experience I ever had on a forum! I have a person telling me how to not get trolled. Do you guys really have so many trolls on this forum you have directions to avoid them?

Message 29 of 131 (109 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38516 posts

Jul 26, 2013

You need to go back up a little & read my response above & come back to us with something tangible Demonic, until then...

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 30 of 131 (98 Views)