Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Re: Why is the playstation community so rude?

Jul 26, 2013
I think 98.3% of the PS Forums are nice people.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 91 of 131 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

SinDaFella wrote:

Hey put some clothes on! 

That's rude. 

You, sir, are a fascist

Smiley LOL Dammit I've run out of Kudo! 

photo Narcissus1_zps170f3e51.jpg
Message 92 of 131 (173 Views)
MVP Support
13595 posts

Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

I have been apart of the Nintendo and Xbox community they have awesome players in their forums. I just bought a ps3 and signed up and went on the playstation forums. I didn't like what I have seen. Players on here would ask the simplest of questions and be trampled by tons of negative comments. What also makes it worse is when people get sarcastic opinions or answers to their comments and I don't think thats fair really. I feel that this one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I'm just stating my opinion if you guys think this not true just post comment to tell me why. All in all this community is the most negative forum I ever been on and I hope it changes.

Nintendo no longer has an officially supported forum. The only forum they have is the Tech Support Forum.

Any other forums discussing Nintendo are fan-made, just so you know.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 93 of 131 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

I have been apart of the Nintendo and Xbox community they have awesome players in their forums. I just bought a ps3 and signed up and went on the playstation forums. I didn't like what I have seen. Players on here would ask the simplest of questions and be trampled by tons of negative comments. What also makes it worse is when people get sarcastic opinions or answers to their comments and I don't think thats fair really. I feel that this one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I'm just stating my opinion if you guys think this not true just post comment to tell me why. All in all this community is the most negative forum I ever been on and I hope it changes.

I know you pretty much walked away already, Demonic, but in case you come back:

Welcome to the community forums. Smiley Happy

I agree, there may be some "rude" people here, but most of them are still pretty nice, once you get to know them.

But, that is the same with any entertainment internet forum.

Does this have anything to do with the thread you created yesterday (under another PSN ID) that was asking for PSN codes? (that included to PM them to "DemonicAgentX" ?)

Yes, when one creates a thread like that, they will get rude / sarcastic responses.

I even commented on it myself with one. (GETA-JOBN-BUY1)

I apologize if this offended you, but do realize, that those type of threads are just asking to be pointed & laughed at, until deleted. Especially since they are not allowed.

Stick around and join in on discussions about games / off topic stuff, but do not come in asking for PSN codes as your first post. (or Ever) That is just asking for "trolls."

Hopefully you come back around and see that this community is as great as the others you say are.

Best wishes Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 94 of 131 (152 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 26, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

DemonicAgentX wrote:

I know you pretty much walked away already, Demonic, but in case you come back:

Welcome to the community forums. Smiley Happy

I agree, there may be some "rude" people here, but most of them are still pretty nice, once you get to know them.

But, that is the same with any entertainment internet forum.

Does this have anything to do with the thread you created yesterday (under another PSN ID) that was asking for PSN codes? (that included to PM them to "DemonicAgentX" ?)

Yes, when one creates a thread like that, they will get rude / sarcastic responses.

I even commented on it myself with one. (GETA-JOBN-BUY1)

I apologize if this offended you, but do realize, that those type of threads are just asking to be pointed & laughed at, until deleted. Especially since they are not allowed.

Stick around and join in on discussions about games / off topic stuff, but do not come in asking for PSN codes as your first post. (or Ever) That is just asking for "trolls."

Hopefully you come back around and see that this community is as great as the others you say are.

Best wishes Smiley Happy

Did he really do that?

Yeah, that is completely against forum rules (its under the Spam section), and will be locked once a moderator is made aware of its existance.

In general, regardless of what forum you're on, people won't give codes away just because someone asked, and some see asking as an insult or in just bad taste. Light trolling usually will follow (again, regardless of what forum it is) due to the OP breaking a rule.

Message 95 of 131 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I've experienced nothing but good behavior (minus the trolls) since I've been here, but I'm still pretty new.
 photo 1246654513_zps51bbe221.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player
Don't get caught in my scope! -_o
Message 96 of 131 (132 Views)
MVP Support
13577 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

weaver-_o wrote:
I've experienced nothing but good behavior (minus the trolls) since I've been here, but I'm still pretty new.

Same here for the most part. Heck this place is better than some places I've been on. Granted, it's far from perfect, but what place is? Was first here back in 07' when the Official Nintendo forums were shut down and people were half way decent towards me. To be honest, they treated us Nintendo refugees pretty well, and in the same way that they treated the Xbox ones this time around.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 97 of 131 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 26, 2013
This is the best forum I've been on, and I have been part of a few forums!

I have been part of the Epicgames forum (Good people there, they GIVE AWAY DLC!)
But only made one or two friends, the rest appeared to be stuck up their own arse.

A SSB forum for about 2 years. Rude, rude people. They care little for the casual brawler and bash everything I said. I only lurk now for first info on the new SSB.

Insomniac games forum, they have developers there that TALK TO US! Unheard of!
But the mods there are rude. One in particular. He talks down to us, and thinks his opinion is better than other people's.
Also that place is dead, even with Ratchet and Clank into the Nexus the place is dead.
I was their for a year, still post today sometimes.

Message 98 of 131 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Oh and the Runescape forum forum back in 07... Good times...
Message 99 of 131 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Well then... this has all been very informative and enlightening. Stick around a little bit OP, we have certainly gotten to know you a little better. Let's build on that realtionship and have a good time together Smiley Happy

Message 100 of 131 (83 Views)