Highlighted
Jul 26 2013
By: DemonicAgentX Monster Hunter 31 posts
Accepted Solution

Why is the playstation community so rude?

130 replies 476 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

I have been apart of the Nintendo and Xbox community they have awesome players in their forums. I just bought a ps3 and signed up and went on the playstation forums. I didn't like what I have seen. Players on here would ask the simplest of questions and be trampled by tons of negative comments. What also makes it worse is when people get sarcastic opinions or answers to their comments and I don't think thats fair really. I feel that this one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I'm just stating my opinion if you guys think this not true just post comment to tell me why. All in all this community is the most negative forum I ever been on and I hope it changes.

Message 1 of 131 (476 Views)
Wastelander
778 posts

Re: Why is the playstation community so rude?

Jul 26, 2013

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 2 of 131 (465 Views)
VP of Gaming
37787 posts

Jul 26, 2013

although i agree with you yes there is alota brats on here that think they run the town (they dont) but there are also cool people here as well

Message 3 of 131 (463 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

I have been apart of the Nintendo and Xbox community they have awesome players in their forums. I just bought a ps3 and signed up and went on the playstation forums. I didn't like what I have seen. Players on here would ask the simplest of questions and be trampled by tons of negative comments. What also makes it worse is when people get sarcastic opinions or answers to their comments and I don't think thats fair really. I feel that this one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I'm just stating my opinion if you guys think this not true just post comment to tell me why. All in all this community is the most negative forum I ever been on and I hope it changes.

Well, you opened up with a joke, so good job on that. Still laughing a bit about how the XBox community is "awesome" Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, my guess is you either stumbled upon the troll threads and people trying to put an end to them (since they get repeated at least a few times a week), you're looking at comments wrong (which is very possible; always happens to newcomers), you're not sure who is trolling and who isn't, or somehow you found yourself in the old MAG archives (I really hope for your sake you didn't...although it would be hilarious if you did).

Also, it would help if you actually did say which forum you were on...OT is usually friendly (except towards trolls). Other communities...well, depends on them. If only the old MAG forum was as active as it once was...we welcomed all newcomers with open arms.

Message 4 of 131 (446 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Yes I see what you are saying but on this forum I've seen way too many negative comments, trolls, and sarcastic people on here to spot out any of the cool players in the majority of people here   

Message 5 of 131 (433 Views)
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Jul 26, 2013

A lot of questions can be solved by using the search function. But other than that this forum is one of the friendliest I've been on.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 6 of 131 (430 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 26, 2013

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Message 7 of 131 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Really cause right when I went on here I saw terrible comments every where people putting gifs of facepalms to peoples questions and that doesn't sound like a awesome first experience.

Message 8 of 131 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 26, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

A lot of questions can be solved by using the search function. But other than that this forum is one of the friendliest I've been on.

There is that too.

Although as long as we don't have a dozen "girl gamer" threads on the front page again an occasional misuse is OK. Still need to remind newbies that there is, in fact, a search function from time to time.

Message 9 of 131 (399 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Jul 26, 2013

DemonicAgentX wrote:

Really cause right when I went on here I saw terrible comments every where people putting gifs of facepalms to peoples questions and that doesn't sound like a awesome first experience.

I'm guessing you started out looking at troll threads then...

Message 10 of 131 (402 Views)
0 Likes