Nov 24 2013
By: theQore Lombax Warrior 147 posts

Why is it when...

8 replies 110 views Edited Nov 24, 2013

...I try to create a certain username (several different occurences), it gives me this?

The Online ID must contain alphanumeric characters, can include underscores or dashes and must be between 3 and 16 characters in length. The first character must be a letter of the alphabet.

Now I'm sure of the name meeting these requirements and the contact support can't even help me. Do any of you guys know?

Message 1 of 9 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Why is it when...

Nov 24, 2013

No symbols.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 9 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Nov 24, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

No symbols.

It's all letters.

Message 3 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Nov 24, 2013

theQore wrote:

...I try to create a certain username (several different occurences), it gives me this?

The Online ID must contain alphanumeric characters, can include underscores or dashes and must be between 3 and 16 characters in length. The first character must be a letter of the alphabet.

Now I'm sure of the name meeting these requirements and the contact support can't even help me. Do any of you guys know?

The first letter of the ID has to start with a letter, not a number, underscore, or a dash. 

Then you have to see if the name is taken or not. You can't use the same e-mail for two accounts.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 4 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Nov 24, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

theQore wrote:

The first letter of the ID has to start with a letter, not a number, underscore, or a dash. 

Then you have to see if the name is taken or not. You can't use the same e-mail for two accounts.

If its all letters, and this red part doesn't apply, I have no idea.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Nov 24, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

theQore wrote:

That's the thing, it starts with a letter, has no numbers or dashes/underscores.

Message 6 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Spaces in it?
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 7 of 9 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13545 posts

Nov 24, 2013

Could be you might be trying to create a name that Sony won't allow. It isn't racist or sexist or anything like that right? Why don't you post up what the name is you're trying to make. lol

Message 8 of 9 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Nov 24, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

Could be you might be trying to create a name that Sony won't allow. It isn't racist or sexist or anything like that right? Why don't you post up what the name is you're trying to make. lol

Okay, if no one will take it...lol

Melonfrog

It's somehow wrong.

Message 9 of 9 (66 Views)
0 Likes