Keyblade Wielder
11513 posts

Re: Why is it that.....

Oct 12, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

I want to know A GOOD REASON why some of you MUST go through the boards, find a really old topic and then reply to it. What possess you to spam that badly? Ive seen someone reply to an 10 month old post and actually give the right answer....even theough the same answer was given 10 months ago.

Im serious why are people doing this....can we get like something that LOCKS threads that are over a month old or something?

lol i posted a thread just like this a month ago or something, and someone posted this a couple of days ago. to answer your question idk, i too find it very annoying. but seeing things a week old annoys me if its on the front page
DDR:
Fascination MaXX, Healing~D~Vision Oni, Fascination ~eternal love mix~, Healing~D~Vision, MAX 300 Super Max-Me-Mix Oni, Paranoia Survivor MAX Oni, Paranoia Respect, MAX 300 Super Max-Me-Mix, The Legend of MAX, Paranoia Survivor MAX, Maxx Unlimited, MAX 300, Paranoia Survivor, Xepher, CHAOS, Sakura, Bag
ITG:
Summer ~speedy mix~ 13, Delerium 12, Vertex 12, Energizer 12
Message 11 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8627 posts

Oct 12, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

I want to know A GOOD REASON why some of you MUST go through the boards, find a really old topic and then reply to it. What possess you to spam that badly? Ive seen someone reply to an 10 month old post and actually give the right answer....even theough the same answer was given 10 months ago.

Im serious why are people doing this....can we get like something that LOCKS threads that are over a month old or something?

I agree, locking old posts should definitely be enforced...I hate coming to the boards only to see the same posts I replied on a month ago...the thing is, you don't remember if you replied to them that long ago or not, so I'm going through all these posts to see if I already posted my input, so I don't end up spamming...is it just me, or does anyone else not pay any attention to page 2 or beyond? I rarely go to page 2 of any board....I usually only go if I posted a thread that I'd like to check for unread replies...but that's about it...anyway, you should definitely let Deltan or any other Mod know about this, locking old posts is a great idea.
Message 12 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12847 posts

Oct 12, 2003

,ldfrostbite wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

I agree, locking old posts should definitely be enforced...I hate coming to the boards only to see the same posts I replied on a month ago...the thing is, you don't remember if you replied to them that long ago or not, so I'm going through all these posts to see if I already posted my input, so I don't end up spamming...is it just me, or does anyone else not pay any attention to page 2 or beyond? I rarely go to page 2 of any board....I usually only go if I posted a thread that I'd like to check for unread replies...but that's about it...anyway, you should definitely let Deltan or any other Mod know about this, locking old posts is a great idea.

if you look 5 or so posts up zamboni already posted but didnt make a coment on this why
MACH-99. The one. The only. The guy that has too many girls.
Message 13 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7538 posts

Oct 12, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

Im serious why are people doing this....can we get like something that LOCKS threads that are over a month old or something?,

I am going to float this thread, and in 10 months reply to it. j/k

Um...wha?

Message 14 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7003 posts

Oct 12, 2003

Rafe wrote:

I want to know A GOOD REASON why some of you MUST go through the boards, find a really old topic and then reply to it. What possess you to spam that badly? Ive seen someone reply to an 10 month old post and actually give the right answer....even theough the same answer was given 10 months ago.

You have that popup crap on?
Message 15 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Oct 13, 2003

,bob talks wrote:

,Zamboni wrote:

,Lt.ThunderBird wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

Im serious why are people doing this....can we get like something that LOCKS threads that are over a month old or something?,

,null,

Uhhhh, sure?
If you have nothing valuable to add, please don't reply.

thats another thing we have been talking about people posting stuff like that

I think that there should be a one sentence rule for posts. Every post should have at least one sentence, and try to be on topic, just as a courtesy to other posters. I have had a few phrase answers myself, but at least its on topic. Fortunately, I usually have a lot to say when I post.  

As for the responses to old posts issue, thread locking is an option, at least for stuff that is really old, at least three months. If a subject has already been addressed, such as a particular question needing to be answered, it should be locked immediately. Poll style questions, such as favorite this or that should be locked after a week.  This would put a stop to a lot of bumping I think.

RIP PSMVP StuTDavis
RIP Gaming Lounge

Ex-mvp Guru25
Current games: Beyond the Beyond
Message 16 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13770 posts

Oct 13, 2003

,Zamboni wrote:

,Lt.ThunderBird wrote:

,Rafe wrote:

,null,

Uhhhh, sure?
If you have nothing valuable to add, please don't reply.

heh everyone it is zamboni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yey

ok anyway i agree i even used to bring them back alot but not anymore,but why i used to do it was becasue i might of looked up to someone it that post or i thought it was intresting,but not anymore.also zamboin why dont you guys just like somhow automatically lock a post after it gets to 100th or something?

Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.
Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.
Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
Message 17 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15938 posts

Oct 13, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

Maybe they are bored!
Message 18 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4748 posts

Oct 13, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

I will only reply to a thread that's less than a week old since the last post, if that. I usually only reply to threads that have been "inactive" for up to three days.

Badger Badger Badger Badger... Snake!
Message 19 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1755 posts

Oct 13, 2003

,Rafe wrote:

Don't blame me, it's usually the Newbies here or N00bs.
Stars are given out to members who are well behaved and provide accurate helpful service on the forums.
Message 20 of 20 (0 Views)
0 Likes