Fender Bender
2003 posts

Re: Why do people troll?

Jun 6, 2013

TDBWID wrote:

trolling isn't needed...why do people still do it?

This thread wasn't needed ...why did you make it?  Perhaps you answered your own question

Why does the sun shine?  Where does the sky end?  No one knows and probably less care.

Message 11 of 49 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

That's nice and all but I was asking the OP's definition.

you have so many definitions in that video its all the same thing Smiley Indifferent

No like I said people call others with a different opiniona troll all the time and that's not a troll. I want the OP's definition so we can put this in context. Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 49 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13315 posts

Jun 6, 2013

MrFirstPlayer wrote:
I'm sure there's a variety of reasons people feel the need to troll that range from insecurities to just being plain old mean.

People can be real you know what's at times. Some people just do it for the lols too. Others do it to show off. Others still do it because they like to.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 13 of 49 (124 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37006 posts

Jun 6, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

you have so many definitions in that video its all the same thing Smiley Indifferent

No like I said people call others with a different opiniona troll all the time and that's not a troll. I want the OP's definition so we can put this in context. Smiley Indifferent

did you even watch the video?! i cant believe you dont know what a troll is get with the program

Message 14 of 49 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Jun 6, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Is that Bones from Sharky and Bones!?

xD

Moble

Message 15 of 49 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

did you even watch the video?! i cant believe you dont know what a troll is get with the program

I watched the video it's not pertinent to my question. I know what a troll is. Like I said others misuse the term. I want the OPs definition. Maybe the OP hasn't watched the video. I can't believe you've never seen someone called a troll just because they didn't agree with the name caller.

Message 16 of 49 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Ive always wondered why people create computer viruses. Probably the same reason there are internet trolls. I wish they would all be removed from earth.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 17 of 49 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

No I didn't watch the video but thanks for reminding me to change my setting so I no longer have to see the stupid inane crap people post that assaults my eyes.

Message 18 of 49 (102 Views)
VP of Gaming
37006 posts

Jun 6, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

I watched the video it's not pertinent to my question. I know what a troll is. Like I said others misuse the term. I want the OPs definition. Maybe the OP hasn't watched the video. I can't believe you've never seen someone called a troll just because they didn't agree with the name caller.

this is rediculous are you serious

what do you think the op thinks a troll is? walking around dressed up like a clown getting candy from houses on halloween? seriously what do you think he thinks it is?? i wana see this..

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

there you go its a pretty big article now get busy reading about trolls

Message 19 of 49 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jun 6, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

this is rediculous are you serious

what do you think the op thinks a troll is? walking around dressed up like a clown getting candy from houses on halloween? seriously what do you think he thinks it is?? i wana see this..

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

there you go its a pretty big article now get busy reading about trolls

Yes this is ridiculous. You're answering for someone else. I know what a troll is. You established you can do an internet search for what a troll is. I'm not interested in that. I want the OPs definition. I've seen the term misused and I'm sure you have too. Can you just let the OP answer? Thanks.

Message 20 of 49 (92 Views)