Nov 17 2006
By: BaLlAbOiDeStIn~ Hekseville Citizen 331 posts

Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends...

10 replies 33 views Edited Nov 17, 2006
I'm sick and tired of all this BS fanboyism. Why can't Microsoft and Sony combine to make the best console of all time? Didn't the first playstation do that? like nintendo(I think) games were playing on the first Playstation. (Not disk) Microsoft is a software company so they can provide all the great stuff like Live and Marketplace, as to where sony is a hardware company(I think) and they can provide with the console itself and it's capabilities. I know this will most likely never happen no matter what, but it would be a good combination and there won't be any fanboyism. Such as "Oh sony's better!" or "No! Microsoft is better!" That **bleep** won't matter since they both are making the same console. Right?
My PSWii60 Setup
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/drtydzn12/
Message 1 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11225 posts

Re: Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends...

Nov 17, 2006
One console=high prices. No thanks. Don't get me wrong, I think fanboyism is dumb, but competition is good.

Message Edited by who8myrice on 11-17-2006 11:22 AM
Message 2 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Nov 17, 2006
I guess a console wouldn't be nothing without competition.
My PSWii60 Setup
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/drtydzn12/
Message 3 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Nov 17, 2006

BaLlA bOi DeStIn wrote:
I'm sick and tired of all this BS fanboyism. Why can't Microsoft and Sony combine to make the best console of all time? Didn't the first playstation do that? like nintendo(I think) games were playing on the first Playstation. (Not disk) Microsoft is a software company so they can provide all the great stuff like Live and Marketplace, as to where sony is a hardware company(I think) and they can provide with the console itself and it's capabilities. I know this will most likely never happen no matter what, but it would be a good combination and there won't be any fanboyism. Such as "Oh sony's better!" or "No! Microsoft is better!" That **bleep** won't matter since they both are making the same console. Right?

Monopoly's are bad. Sonintosoft would be able to demand uber high prices for Cheap Chinese made junk.

that's why competition is good. eveyone trys to do better then the commpetition. and thus we get cheap Quality built products. (exclude daewoo here)
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 4 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Nov 17, 2006
It just wouldn't work out. No one would buy it unless they won the lottery.

Besides, competition is what makes the entertainment world go round. It's a good thing in a way. Variety > One console only.
Message 5 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Nov 17, 2006
yeh. if there is only one console then they can make the price as high as they won't. its like if nikey were the only people that made hockey skates they could charge a lot becuase well you need skates to play but only they are selling them so they can charge what you want. that would suck for consoles cuase then (for example) sony could ask for profit on ps3. making it like $1000

Message 6 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Nov 17, 2006

who8myrice wrote:
One console=high prices. No thanks. Don't get me wrong, I think fanboyism is dumb, but competition is good.

Not just that either.....the compettiton and the feverish fanboyism make for a

"we have to be better" attitude....otherwise sony might have charged me 1000 dollars for my ps3.
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 7 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Nov 17, 2006
If there compertion,there more money in one way and less money in another.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Message 8 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Nov 17, 2006

who8myrice wrote:

Exactly right. If there's ever any market with only one supplier, the prices will inflate. Then, to satisfy the people, another company will spring up with a newer, cheaper console. And then we're right back where we started, with two competing consoles.

Besides, the 360 is much better designed in terms of hardware...sure, the PS3 is powerful, but you pay a premium for that power. In addition, the PS3 is bleeding-edge.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 9 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14411 posts

Nov 17, 2006
Message 10 of 11 (33 Views)
0 Likes