Jun 25 2013
By: lll-R3DRUM-lll First Son 20 posts

Why buy a console at all? When PC can do everything 5x better 5 years ago!

32 replies 325 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

I can play 2 games, browse forums, video chat, voice chat, watch TV, youtube, share games ALL AT THE SAME TIME AND I COULD DO THIS 10 YEARS AGO!!!!

As well as .....Get single player games FREE, use a controller, use a stick, have better graphics and  play 64 players.

You guys are wasting 400$ and 500$ for 600 you could do all of the above when the next set of console comes out upgrade ur video card and BAM new PC that still does more than the next gen console.

I just don't understand...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Message 1 of 33 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: Why buy a console at all? When PC can do everything 5x better 5 years ago!

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Ignore the troll pls.

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-trolls.png

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 2 of 33 (319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jun 25, 2013

How much is your gaming PC?  $1000.

How much is a new video card every generation?  $500

How much is a new OS every generation? (cause there is always at least 1 new Windows version per console generation)  $100.

Not to mention the new PC that will be required every other generation, just due to increased demand in CPU and memory requirements.

Add all that up and tell me how much money you are wasting?

There are many good points to PC gaming, just like there are many bad points, but don't try to use a price comparison as one of them, please.

Be One With The Game.

Message 3 of 33 (287 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jun 25, 2013

To my knowledge a PC can't play Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo ODST, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3 and so on.

it also can't play

Uncharted 1,2,3 The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet and so on.

Why buy a PC that doesn't have half the library a console has?

Message 4 of 33 (280 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Look another troll
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 5 of 33 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jun 25, 2013

lll-R3DRUM-lll wrote:

I can play 2 games, browse forums, video chat, voice chat, watch TV, youtube, share games ALL AT THE SAME TIME AND I COULD DO THIS 10 YEARS AGO!!!!

As well as .....Get single player games FREE, use a controller, use a stick, have better graphics and  play 64 players.

You guys are wasting 400$ and 500$ for 600 you could do all of the above when the next set of console comes out upgrade ur video card and BAM new PC that still does more than the next gen console.

I just don't understand...................................................................................................................................................................................................

Because apart from enjoying awesome PC titles such as Rome Total War 2 (I hope you're as excited for that as I am!!), I can also enjoy console exclusives such as Infamous, Last of Us, Forza, Killzone, etc. I can also enjoy games that I believe are better on console, such as Watchdogs (I think it'll be better on console for a more relaxed and fun experience), GTA V (which won't come on PC at all but I'd still get it on console because GTA PC games of late have been very unoptimized).

Does that answer your question?

Message 6 of 33 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

I use my laptop for browsing while I game on my console. PC gaming is overated and so like 2002.

Also isn't ps4 as powerfull as high end gaming PC? Atleast thats what my techie friend keeps telling me.

So I can see how PC users might feel the fear and try to get their low ego back.

Message 7 of 33 (259 Views)
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Jun 25, 2013

PCs are expensive to upkeep. You buy one console and you're set for the next five years or so. However, like any PC or console these things do break down. Not everyone is drawn to the library of PC games, though. In my experience PC games are often too rigid for my taste. In the last ten years I was playing PCish games such as Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I really didn't like the game very much at all. This was a stark contrast to the other kind of attractive games I had to play on the console, ranging from the serenity of Shadow of the Colossus to the gargantuan might of God of War.

Message 8 of 33 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 25, 2013

kniznik wrote:

I use my laptop for browsing whilr I game on my console. PC gaming is overated and so like 2002.

Also sn't ps4 as powerfull as high end gaming PC? Atleast thats what my techie friend keeps telling me.

So I can see how PC users might feel the fear and try to get their low ego back.

Thats a NO

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 9 of 33 (253 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

Jun 25, 2013

exclusives and the comfort of playing on my couch or when friends come over, being able to hand them a controller and game. its portable...all in preference though. no one cares what others play...

Message 10 of 33 (245 Views)
0 Likes