Do you mean 
Sackboy
471 posts

Re: Why bring a child into this world?

Nov 27, 2013

timlsteele wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

Why bring another life into this world when there are already so many without families to love and support them. The adoption process is a complete pain, but is well worth it, especially for the child. 

many people want a "biological" tie to their child. as in being their own.

Understandable. Selfish. 

We're all selfish tim. I mean all of us here own expensive playstation systems with expensive games. How many kids could that money have fed? At some point we have to decide what's best for our own quality of life. For me that includes having my own biological children.

photo pistolstarsig1_zps4f1a9f6d.png
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 66 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2390 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Yes, everyone needs to have kids otherwise cockroaches will inherit the earth.

Cockroach-King.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 66 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8344 posts

Nov 27, 2013
I've actually considered having a vasectomy but it's quite expensive. Plus I'd be harder to find a woman who doesn't want to have kids but be in committed relationship.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 66 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Nov 27, 2013

HeyThatChris wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

Why bring another life into this world when there are already so many without families to love and support them. The adoption process is a complete pain, but is well worth it, especially for the child. 

Understandable. Selfish. 

We have a biological desire to have our own children. And you never have any idea how "broken" an adopted child is. And there are not plenty of babies waiting to be adopted. They are snatched up really quickly by infertile parents or homosexuals. If you want to be a selfless individual, go pick up a child that is 5 or older. Enjoy the risk from not being selfish and going biological.

At least your post is semi relevant. There is typically a waiting list for infants. After about 1 year, the waiting list is gone. Unless you have to have a "baby", you can still get a very young (1-2 year old) without much hassel other than the normal adoption program process. Children 5 or older are normally not adopted, because people think they are already "broken". 

My wife and I do plan to adopt. We also plan to adopt an older child as well. We have broadly talked about adopting a toddler and planning the older adoption so that they are around the same age when the time comes. The "risk" of being selfish, is far outweighed by the reward of a chance to dramatically improve/change a childs entire life. Plenty of biological kids are a mess, what about that "risk"?

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 66 (57 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Nov 27, 2013

PlSTOL_STAR wrote:

We're all selfish tim. I mean all of us here own expensive playstation systems with expensive games. How many kids could that money have fed? At some point we have to decide what's best for our own quality of life. For me that includes having my own biological children.

I agree, completely. I'm not trying to say no one should ever have a kid. It was more a rhetorical question from my point of view. I am very selfish. I am blessed to live a lifestyle of indulgence and know that 90% of the world lives in much worse conditions than I do. Adoption is simply something I am passionate about thought it had a relevant place in this topic as a counterpoint. 

If you want a child, but are afraid to bring one into this world, why not adopt?

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 66 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013

timlsteele wrote:

HeyThatChris wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

Understandable. Selfish. 

We have a biological desire to have our own children. And you never have any idea how "broken" an adopted child is. And there are not plenty of babies waiting to be adopted. They are snatched up really quickly by infertile parents or homosexuals. If you want to be a selfless individual, go pick up a child that is 5 or older. Enjoy the risk from not being selfish and going biological.

At least your post is semi relevant. There is typically a waiting list for infants. After about 1 year, the waiting list is gone. Unless you have to have a "baby", you can still get a very young (1-2 year old) without much hassel other than the normal adoption program process. Children 5 or older are normally not adopted, because people think they are already "broken". 

My wife and I do plan to adopt. We also plan to adopt an older child as well. We have broadly talked about adopting a toddler and planning the older adoption so that they are around the same age when the time comes. The "risk" of being selfish, is far outweighed by the reward of a chance to dramatically improve/change a childs entire life. Plenty of biological kids are a mess, what about that "risk"?

Plenty of biological kids are a mess but that is often thanks to poor parenting. Older adoptions are where you are taking kids who were abandoned by their parents, had their parents die on them, or they were abused. These kids are predisposed to have problems and are more likely to be a mess than your own kids who are a blank slate. 

Do not get me wrong, adoption for the reason of bettering a life is great. I am simply saying there is plenty of reason to have your own kids instead of adopting. You said that it is selfish to want your own child instead of taking one that was abandoned. I would say that reasoning is the same as  "why don't you just sell all of your luxuries and better other people's lives instead of living a nice, 1st-world one?" While it may be a good thing to adopt and better another life, we do not have an obligation to do so just because it is good. 

Children 5 or older are typically not adopted because they usually ARE broken (and they have a perfectly good reason to be!). 

And the waiting period and expenses to adopt are often too much for people, so you are taking a heavy monetary risk along with adopting a kid who is likely to suffer mental problems thanks to be abandoned so early int heir life.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 66 (49 Views)
0 Likes