Reply
Jan 11 2007
By: madhive~ Treasure Hunter 7280 posts
Offline

Why are my torrents so slow?

23 replies 15 views Edited Jan 11, 2007
Whenever i download somthing through a torrent, why is my speed (i can adjust my upload to anyhting and the download will never get faster) for downloading so slow? For example, when i download the new copy of Ubuntu, there are 800 Seeders and 271 Leechers, i would download around 50 Kbp/s (By the way, i have 700KBp/s Up and 500KBp/s Down) and it wil constantly go from 50-75-50-60-70-40 and on like that, well, i tried downloading episodes of the honeymooners off of limewire, i would get speeds like 100KBp/s and it will say that i am connected to like 10 people and still i am getting those fast speeds, why is this?

By the way, i am running on a modified WRT54G router and i have Alchemly installed boosting the siginal to half-a mile away, with wep. I have all ports open because i have never gotten a virus and have never been hacked, so i don't believe in Norton crap.......Smiley IndifferentSmiley IndifferentSmiley Indifferent (Smiley Surprised for the n00bs).
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 1 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2006
Offline
7575 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007
cuase there illegalSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Photobucket
Message 2 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/20/2005
Offline
6710 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007
50 kpbs isnt that bad,my computer is worse it takes 8-9 hours for a movie.how long does it take for everyone else?
beaaatles.png
Message 3 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/06/2006
Offline
7280 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007


mikey_424 wrote:
cuase there illegalSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy


..........I don't download things illegaly, i am not afraid to say that i have downloaded music videos before, but that is it.
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 4 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/28/2006
Offline
5734 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007
torrents are always slow for me, maybe cuz they deliver
Message 5 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/06/2006
Offline
7280 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007


Stones2k6 wrote:
torrents are always slow for me, maybe cuz they deliver


Deliver?
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 6 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2006
Offline
7575 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007


madhive wrote:


mikey_424 wrote:
cuase there illegalSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy


..........I don't download things illegaly, i am not afraid to say that i have downloaded music videos before, but that is it.


well yeah, but 8-9 hours to download a movie thats horrible. never downlaoded a movie but how many mb are they (apprxy)  cuasse i download at like1.8 mb compare to my dail up(2 kb) its fast! and 50 kb anit bad at all. i upload at like 800
Photobucket
Message 7 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/28/2006
Offline
5734 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007


madhive wrote:


Stones2k6 wrote:
torrents are always slow for me, maybe cuz they deliver


Deliver?


the goods
Message 8 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/06/2006
Offline
7280 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007


mikey_424 wrote:


madhive wrote:


mikey_424 wrote:
cuase there illegalSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy


..........I don't download things illegaly, i am not afraid to say that i have downloaded music videos before, but that is it.


well yeah, but 8-9 hours to download a movie thats horrible. never downlaoded a movie but how many mb are they (apprxy)  cuasse i download at like1.8 mb compare to my dail up(2 kb) its fast! and 50 kb anit bad at all. i upload at like 800


When i ripped Pursuit of Happiness, i made it 700mb, that is the standard for movies using modern compression.
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 9 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/06/2006
Offline
7280 posts
 

Re: Why are my torrents so slow?

Jan 11, 2007


Stones2k6 wrote:


madhive wrote:


Stones2k6 wrote:
torrents are always slow for me, maybe cuz they deliver


Deliver?


the goods


Oh..
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 10 of 24 (15 Views)
Reply
0 Likes