Nov 17 2013
By: BRB_Krew I Only Post Everything 847 posts

Why are XBOX ONE Fans/Players More Mature?

15 replies 427 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/3817/t/1622301.aspx

Just read that first page. Don't wanna read? Here's some highlights --

"The PS4 is just having a normal failure you get with some items, it's just on a bigger scale"

A reply to someone who said PS4s are bricks out of the box: "To be fair through how many PS4s have been broken out of the box? A very small % I'd say ... I believe 100% there are faulty PS4s out there, it's bound to happen when something new releases and it will happen with the Xbox One..."

"The US PS4 support is full of hundreds and hundreds of Angry buyers, but think about that for a minute. Hundreds as opposed to the Million units they sold. It really is looking like a tiny percentage which is utterly wonderful."

"You can't forget though that most people will NEVER go to forums, and it applies for everything. Forums always attract a very certain kind of people that never represents a majority. The people on these forums are a far cry from your average Xbox user, too. I'm not saying this means that the problem is necessarily bigger, but you can never estimate the numbers based on Amazon reviews or complaints on forums."

"4% of 1 million is 40,000 faulty units. And that is 24 hours. I think we have heard no where near 40,000 complaints. If you heard of 1,000 complaints that is 0.1%. So 0.4% is 4,000 Units. And that is if it is 1,000,000 sold. That is first 24 hours. So it's more than that now. Even if it's 1%. That is 10,000 issues. We have heard of no where near that many issues. So please feel free to re-adjust your thinking on numbers."

"We should just feel sorry for the ones that have a genuine complaint. And hope that the Xbox One does not fall victim to people abusing the Xbox One review section, and that everything works perfectly on release, because of it doesn't prepare for a nightmare"

"Of course there are a few faulty PS4 out there, it will happen when the Xbox One launches, it happens with whatever you buy, new TVs, cars, washing machines but I don't believe for a second that it's as bad as some are making out." 

"You cant go on amazon and go "look 30% fail rate" that is not how it works for new major electronic goods."

Before you go thinking "Oh, PS4 fanboys went on their forums and started arguing." No.. these are from actual Xbox players who have been playing on their Xbox for a while as you can tell by their gamerscore. Now look at these forums.. PS players who have been here a while just contantly trolling and blowing things out of proportion.

And yes, I am going to buy an X1. Will look great next to my PS4.

Message 1 of 16 (427 Views)
MVP Support
5153 posts

Re: Why are XBOX ONE Fans/Players More Mature?

Nov 17, 2013

There are mature and immature people in both camps. It mostly depends on the time of day you look at most forums.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 2 of 16 (417 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Nov 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

There are mature and immature people in both camps. It mostly depends on the time of day you look at most forums.

When the X1 releases and the its techical problems are made public, how many people here will be classy and say "I hope things work out for them, I feel their pain" versus the amount of people who will say "HAHAHAHAHA"

While there are people in this forum that I like, there have been many on here who have just been nonstop with their trolling. You have a complaint? Fine, you have the right to complain. But then it gets obnoxious when people start throwing false facts out there like "Half a million broken units were sold" or constantly beat a dead horse with this MP3 DLNA stuff after Sony already said it will be coming in the future. 

Seriously guys.. why can't you be more like X1 players?

Message 3 of 16 (396 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5153 posts

Nov 17, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

When the X1 releases and the its techical problems are made public, how many people here will be classy and say "I hope things work out for them, I feel their pain" versus the amount of people who will say "HAHAHAHAHA"

While there are people in this forum that I like, there have been many on here who have just been nonstop with their trolling. You have a complaint? Fine, you have the right to complain. But then it gets obnoxious when people start throwing false facts out there like "Half a million broken units were sold" or constantly beat a dead horse with this MP3 DLNA stuff after Sony already said it will be coming in the future. 

I know quite a few people who will say that. 

People have complained on the Xbox forums too. This is an issue of PS fans vs XB fans. The annoying **bleep** will always be louder than sensible people. Just wait until Friday and Saterday than check the Xbox forums. Also, Xbox mods are likely deleting a lot of posts about PS sinple because it's an xbox forum.

Great way to **bleep** off more people and make yourself look like a troll.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 4 of 16 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
868 posts

Nov 17, 2013

You will always those immature people where ever you go. They just love making fun of people and leave. The best thing to do is ignoring them

Long, Live, Play ~PlayStation
Message 5 of 16 (365 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7388 posts

Nov 17, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

To start this thread doesnt belong here it needs to be move to the off topic section,  this is the playstation general section we are here to discuss playstation. second you are asking for trouble with this thread there are immature people playing all systems.

Message 6 of 16 (347 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2138 posts

Nov 17, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Because karma makes it better.

So they can make sure their points are heard.

They are just as immature as some of the people here.

PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat

Message 7 of 16 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3694 posts

Nov 17, 2013

YOU said Xbox I came to LOL and leave..........................Bye

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 8 of 16 (317 Views)
Wastelander
843 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Simple solution ... IGNORE ALL FAN BOYS! They all live in their parents basement and literally have no life. Do what I do, sit there and laugh at them. Puts a good smile on my face
PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
LET'S GO NEW YORK RANGERS!
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3 - PlayStation 4
Keep the tradition going Sony!
Message 9 of 16 (297 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34131 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

exactly.

if anyone really wants to see the scum of every fanbase i suggest they visit /v/. their thoughts on "who is more mature" will be destroyed, each side is horrible.

Message 10 of 16 (275 Views)
0 Likes