Jun 21 2013
By: EOzMagic First Son 2 posts

Why Comcast is still better then AT&T

7 replies 139 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

I had AT&T and recently switched to comcast because the hype wasn't worth the money.. very happy with Comcast. Anyone wanting a good internet get the Xfinity Blast package worth the money if you have multiple people online. I love playing on my ps3 and watching netflix while my family has 3 laptops and all phones wifi connected to our network, still works beautifully. Again very happy, just spreading the joy

Speedtest

Message 1 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14101 posts

Re: Why Comcast is still better then AT&T

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

That's great to hear Smiley Happy. I have AT&T and don't have too many problems with them. As for Comcast, not overly thrilled with them. The local library in my area goes through them and the service is terrible. They probably get one of their lower programs, but it stinks that they don't even make that service even half way decent.*

*The above is my opinion, it's not intended to be trolling or anything of the sort. Just had a bad experience with the company. It's nice to see others who have good experiences with them though Smiley Happy. Heck it seems as if people seem to have varying experiences with all of the cable companies, depending on where they live, etc.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 2 of 8 (126 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Chris Smoove disagrees... I have charter doe. Better than my 1 mb up and down ATT connection.
energy
Message 3 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14101 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I would have gone with Charter myself, but it's a few miles outside of the area where I live... so it's a no go there Smiley Sad. Kind of sucks, since I didn't really mind them all that much.

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 4 of 8 (119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11353 posts

Jun 21, 2013

When I was considering an internet switch a couple of months ago, I learned that my only two choices are AT&T and Concrap.

I am currently on an AT&T 18Mbps Down/1.5Mbps Up plan for $48/mo.

What could I get for $48/mo with Concrap?  6Mbps/1.5Mbps.

With AT&T, I have a consistent 16-17Mbps (actual connection) and a 30-35ms ping.

My next door neighbor pays about $60/mo for Concrap's 20Mbps plan, gets an actual sustained download speed of about 16-17Mbps and a 70ms ping.  Needless to say, he's switching to AT&T soon.

Message 5 of 8 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
416 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Wow that bing is beast my bing is usually over 111ms so I get these insane latencys. Sadly there is no comcast in my area a lot of friends in my ps3s friendlist have recommended it but comcast doesnt service my area, we only have Timewarner and AT%T here.

Message 6 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Most cable companies offer very similar products. Which is why only one is available in any given area. So maybe check out what Time Warner has in your area. I still feel like cable companies offer the best internet solution outside of maybe Fios.

I get pretty much what is advertised with Time Warner 20 down, 2 up

Speedtest

Message 7 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18928 posts

Jun 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

When I was considering an internet switch a couple of months ago, I learned that my only two choices are AT&T and Concrap.

I am currently on an AT&T 18Mbps Down/1.5Mbps Up plan for $48/mo.

What could I get for $48/mo with Concrap?  6Mbps/1.5Mbps.

With AT&T, I have a consistent 16-17Mbps (actual connection) and a 30-35ms ping.

My next door neighbor pays about $60/mo for Concrap's 20Mbps plan, gets an actual sustained download speed of about 16-17Mbps and a 70ms ping.  Needless to say, he's switching to AT&T soon.

Like you my only two choices are Comcast & AT&T.  Compared to your neighbor I'm on the other side of the fence. I've the 25Mb/s [3.125MB/s] Down & 5Mb/s [0.625MB/s] Up package and I get exactly what I'm paying for.

BroadbandTest

Of course both comcast and at&t experience network congestions and your  hardware has a saying on the matter.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 8 of 8 (65 Views)
0 Likes