Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: Who is your role model in life?

Apr 10, 2013

My Mom, Grandma, Grandpa (RIP), and two older brothers.

ID-69 wrote:

Yes, I understand that and even said "I do understand why kids and youngsters need role models". The question was " What do adults need role models for"? since many of us here are adults.

I don't remember who my role models were. Some teachers maybe? Not a celebrity that's for sure. 

I'm 30 and I still have role models. Even a 50 year old can still have a role model.
You're 19, an adult by "law," but still a youngster. The male brain is not even fully matured until about the age of 25.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 21 of 31 (103 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
10409 posts

Apr 10, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Yes, I understand that and even said "I do understand why kids and youngsters need role models". The question was " What do adults need role models for"? since many of us here are adults.

I don't remember who my role models were. Some teachers maybe? Not a celebrity that's for sure. 

I'm 30 and I still have role models. Even a 50 year old can still have a role model.
You're 19, an adult by "law," but still a youngster. The male brain is not even fully matured until about the age of 25.

Full maturity is different than identity. I was simply asking a question what people who have achieved an identity ( James Marcia's theory ) need role models for. Some people need role models, some don't it seems. 

I don't consider myself an adult nor a youngster. I fall somewhere in between. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 22 of 31 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I would have to say I am my own Role Model.  

Seriously though; too many people in my life, growing up, either disappointed me, or I discovered them to be more flawed than I wished to be.

I am not saying I am perfect.  I am Awesome, but certainly not perfect.  I only find; if I rely on myself, and set a standard of who I "want" to be, then I use that "perfect" me as a role model.

I would love to be perfect and reliable, but it is an honest truth no one is really as such.  I do not look to others as an example of who I want to be, or how I live my life.  If I did, then I would not be me, I would be them.

In all honesty though, if I had to pick a role model, he would be a fictitious character.  I would choose Tyler Durden, or Chuck Palahniuk by proxy.Smiley Happy

“Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart.”

-C. Palahniuk

Moble

Message 23 of 31 (88 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
10409 posts

Apr 10, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

I would have to say I am my own Role Model.  

Seriously though; too many people in my life, growing up, either disappointed me, or I discovered them to be more flawed than I wished to be.

I am not saying I am perfect.  I am Awesome, but certainly not perfect.  I only find; if I rely on myself, and set a standard of who I "want" to be, then I use that "perfect" me as a role model.

I would love to be perfect and reliable, but it is an honest truth no one is really as such.  I do not look to others as an example of who I want to be, or how I live my life.  If I did, then I would not be me, I would be them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 24 of 31 (81 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Well yeah, you can use yourself as your role model, no one in this thread said you couldn't Smiley Wink
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 25 of 31 (75 Views)
MVP Support
17633 posts

Apr 10, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:
My Parents

Unfortunately, I use my folks as role models for how not to be.  

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 26 of 31 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

Apr 10, 2013

they must set a bad example

Message 27 of 31 (63 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Apr 10, 2013

johngie wrote:
Moctezuma II.

i too wish that in death my spirit will come back and cause people diarrhea.

Message 28 of 31 (50 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 10, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

johngie wrote:
Moctezuma II.

LMFAO!

Why is it when I see your signature, I feel like Big Boss is telling me to.... Smiley LOL

Moble

Message 29 of 31 (47 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Apr 10, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

johngie wrote:
Moctezuma II.

LMFAO!

Why is it when I see your signature, I feel like Big Boss is telling me to.... Smiley LOL

Moble

you do know what IDGAF stand for, right? Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 31 (39 Views)
0 Likes